Original topic:

Watch 7 Ultra: Heart rate sensor with tattoos

(Topic created: 08-29-2024 06:28 AM)
throwingcircles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all.

While I am enjoying my Watch 7 Ultra, I am disappointed that the watch does not work with the Heart Rate sensor and tattoos. Considering this watch is designed for the "fitness enthusiast," I would assume that a fair percentage of us are tattooed.

Google released an update in June that got the Pixel Watch and Pixel Watch 2 to work on my sleeve tattooed arm, my Heart Rate worked just fine.

Is this something that Samsung can do, or has any plans to do?

To be clear, this has nothing to do with notifications and the wrist detection items. I get notifications, and have disabled wrist detection. This is squarely aimed at the fact that the HR sensor on a brand new watch does not work where other watches from other companies do.

33 Replies
DebKaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Agreed. I was hoping this version wouldn't be a problem with my tattoos but still is
0 Likes
Gkc712
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same problem here have both arms in tattoo and the HR sensor and the 2 fingers/knock gestures wont work šŸ˜ž Samsung fix this issue ASAP as Eur700 is a lot of money

0 Likes
userjUwGzKVANJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks aod finally works on my gwu.

0 Likes
iTsMike78
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same problem with my Samsung Watch Ultra that many tattooed users face. I purchased this watch for its gesture controls, especially since I have only one arm due to an accident. Please, Samsung, resolve this issue.

0 Likes