Original topic:

Watch 7 Ultra random reboot

(Topic created: 3 hours ago)
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

My first "Exercize" with the new Watch and it rebooted at 1.72 miles and when it came back up did not continue with the Exercize routine and lost all the data between reboot and Restart. 

Since I walk that route a lot all the collected data looked accurate as well as the 1 mile mark.  I checked out the GPS plot and it looked great with it tracking me down each side of the road. 

I'm am about to send in an error report but wish there was a debug file I could send along. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
12 Replies
Nncools2008
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Honestly speaking I believe the watch was updating. As for fitness it could've overheated while updating. As, well it could be you failed to start the program app after the reboot.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

No update and auto update was off anyway, Only 66F so no overheating and I routinely walk with my Watch 6 and all previous without overheating while walking so I wouldn't expect the Watch 7 Ultra to ha ve that problem, especially not at 66 degrees. .  

The comment on the Exercize not restarting indicates that there is not a routine in the watch firmware to restart processes that were running before the panic reboot.... which is a bad design.   Had I not had vibration alerts on I would have never known that I needed to restart the Exercize. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Dd you try a wipe cache partition on the watch?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, if it does it again I'll do that but but until then, I'm hoping that tech support tells me some secret way to get a debug log off it šŸ˜‰ 

Bill
---
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@bill-e I haven't experienced any reboot with my Watch Ultra tracking an exercise. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

@LongHiker  Do you mean exercize in general or during one of the Exercize routines? 

Hopefully this is a one of but it is the first time since my first Galaxy Gear that I've had a random reboot. 

Bill
---
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
The exercise was a walk. I started it from the watch face.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I believe the system log gets attached to the error report.  You might have to click the box to send it, but the option is there.

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Watch

Those are the phone logs.  My Watch was not connected to the phone during the exercise. 

There's no way to even identify the error report as for the watch so I just selected "Other" and put it in the narrative. 

If in fact the watch debug data was uploaded to the phone system log once it connected they it did go out with the phone error report system logs.  Hopefully tech support will contact me... I have so many questions šŸ˜‰ 

Bill
---
0 Likes