JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch can't find phone, but Find my mobile works

(Topic created: 09-18-2023 12:49 PM)
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch cannot find my phone and it is showing up in Bluetooth connections. Find my mobile works but usually I can just ring it directly. Any ideas as to where to look?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I certainly understand your concern with your watch not being able to locate your phone and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend clearing the cache and data on your Samsung SmartThings app. Please know this may require you to sign back into your Samsung Account on the SmartThings app.

The next step would be to unistnall and re-install the Samsung SmartThing and Wearables app. Please know this will reset your watch. 

If you have tried the troubleshooting provided above and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend submitting an error report. Please use this link to properly submit and error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

I would also recommend contacting our Samsung Customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 as this will allow them to remote into your device and verify all setting on your watch.

View solution in context

4 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you tried power cycling the phone and watch?
cms27
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same problem. Since a watch update in August, the "find my phone" feature has stopped consistently working. It will work about 60% of the time. When it doesn't, I receive the error message shown above even though my watch is connected to my phone via bluetooth. I've restarted my phone and watch numerous times but it doesn't seem to affect the consistency of it working. It also doesn't seem to matter whether I'm at my house or not. There also have been no changes to my router. This is a feature I use considerably and need to get it fixed. What can I do?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I certainly understand your concern with your watch not being able to locate your phone and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend clearing the cache and data on your Samsung SmartThings app. Please know this may require you to sign back into your Samsung Account on the SmartThings app.

The next step would be to unistnall and re-install the Samsung SmartThing and Wearables app. Please know this will reset your watch. 

If you have tried the troubleshooting provided above and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend submitting an error report. Please use this link to properly submit and error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

I would also recommend contacting our Samsung Customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 as this will allow them to remote into your device and verify all setting on your watch.

Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Cable company was out that morning and replaced the old modem. They didn't touch my router but it may have affected it somehow. I went to a different Wi-Fi network and discovered that it worked again. I didn't try it, but a phone or watch reset probably would have remedied the problem.
0 Likes