JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is my watch's region?

(Topic created: 02-25-2024 07:57 AM)
silverwolf789
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my Watch 6 Classic from Walmart, but it was shipped from a company in Ontario called CellNTell. The watch works fine so far, but when I was setting it up, it only allowed me to choose from South or Central American countries (and Puerto Rico), with no option to pick the USA. I ended up choosing PR since it's at least a US territory.

My watch's model is SM-R950. Is this a global model or is it region locked to South and Central America? Will I run into any restrictions on usage or apps if it is region locked?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend checking the box that your device came in, to see if it has the full model number. Once you have the full model number you can place that into Google, and it should take you to the Samsung-supported page for said unit. 

If you do not have the full model listed on the box or in any of the paperwork, the next step would be to contact the seller and see if you can obtain that information from them. 

As a reminder, Support for US products is the focus of this forum.  We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the region the device originates from: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for that region, you might discover that the origin nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@silverwolf789 You shouldn't post your serial number in a public discussion area. I would edit your post and remove it. 

silverwolf789
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK. I removed the SN.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend checking the box that your device came in, to see if it has the full model number. Once you have the full model number you can place that into Google, and it should take you to the Samsung-supported page for said unit. 

If you do not have the full model listed on the box or in any of the paperwork, the next step would be to contact the seller and see if you can obtain that information from them. 

As a reminder, Support for US products is the focus of this forum.  We kindly suggest that you use this link to look for a support team in the region the device originates from: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocation.html

Additionally, if you scroll to the bottom of the page on the website for that region, you might discover that the origin nation provides its very own support forums, just like this one! Just look for the Community Option.

0 Likes