JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Work Profile App Notifications keep shutting off

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 09:51 AM)
griff761
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and a Pixel 6 Pro where I have a work profile setup with my company. Every morning I have to re-enable notifications for the work profile version of the Microsoft Teams app and the Microsoft Outlook app in the Galaxy Wearable app. The notifications for the personal versions of these stay on. Another thing of note, I have my work profile scheduled to shut off every night through Digital Wellbeing. Is there any fix for this? Not getting Teams notifications is a big issue for me.

12 Replies
griff761
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have seen no response on this for a while now, is this a known issue?

0 Likes
griff761
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have since found out if I force stop the Galaxy Watch5 Manager application, that will also turn off the work profile notifications immediately.

0 Likes
userYjbwMVaneG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same experience, It is not working correctly

0 Likes
userrY8mwPUbUk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same Issue here on a pixel 6

0 Likes
Zeke05
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Experiencing the same on my Pro 5/Pixel 7 Pro

0 Likes
7ing
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am curious, on my Galaxy Watch 5(just replaced Fossil) I am unable to get any Work Profile app notifications.  They don't show up on the Wear app when I look at all apps as an option to turn on/off.  I also use the Pixel 6 Pro, I know your issue is different, but it sounds like you are getting work profile alerts on your wear app, how are you accomplishing this?  I've only found references to using a WorkNotifier app.

0 Likes
griff761
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So here's how it has to work, if for example you have the Microsoft Teams app in your Work Profile, you will also need to install that same app in your personal profile, and then the Galaxy Wearable app will be able to recognize you have the work version. You'll tap on the Microsoft Teams app in your Galaxy Wearable notifications app list, and it will give you the option to turn on the notification for the work app, personal app, or both.

DasGalaxy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have it set up this way. However, the check mark for the work profile version of the app (such as Outlook or Teams) turns off every day and has to be reenabled every morning. The check mark remains on for the personal profile versions of the same apps. Samsung really needs to fix this.

0 Likes
griff761
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've reported this bug to the Samsung development team, and they claim it will be fixed in an update to the Watch5 Plugin app, specifically version 2.2.12.22120651, however I don't believe this update is available anywhere yet.

0 Likes