Original topic:

Samsungs New Z Flip 5

(Topic created: 08-14-2023 08:10 PM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

galaxy-z-flip5-B5-B2B-Processor-In-page-D.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is the latest foldable smartphone from Samsung. It was announced today July 26, 2023, and is scheduled to be released in August 2023.

The Z Flip 5 has a number of improvements over its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Flip 3. These include a larger cover screen, a more durable hinge, and a faster processor. The cover screen is now 3.4 inches, up from 1.9 inches on the Z Flip 3. This makes it easier to see notifications and use widgets without having to open the phone. The hinge is also more durable, thanks to a new design that uses more metal. This should make the phone more resistant to wear and tear.

The Z Flip 5 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, which is the latest and greatest from Qualcomm. This should provide a significant performance boost over the Snapdragon 888 processor in the Z Flip 3. The Z Flip 5 also has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.

Other features of the Z Flip 5 include a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a 12MP rear camera, and a 10MP front camera. The phone also has a 3700mAh battery, which should provide decent battery life.

The Z Flip 5 is available in three colors: Exclusive colors only at Samsung.com Gray, Blue, Green, Yellow and the following colors are Available at Carriers - Graphite, Lavender, Cream, Mint. It is priced starting at $999.99 for the 256GB and 999.99 for the 512GB including a free storage Upgrade basic price was 1119.99.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is a significant improvement over its predecessor. It has a larger cover screen, a more durable hinge, a faster processor, and a more stylish design. If you're looking for a foldable smartphone that's both stylish and powerful, the Z Flip 5 is a great option.

Here are some pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5:

Pros:

• Larger cover screen
  • More durable hinge
  • Faster processor
  • Stylish design
  • Long battery life
  • IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)

Cons:

• Expensive
  • No expandable storage

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is a great foldable smartphone. It has a number of improvements over its predecessor, and it's a stylish and powerful device. However, it is expensive, and it doesn't have expandable storage.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
107 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Yes.

Rivs5
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yes, get it asap! It's currently 30% off
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Yes
Rayzer
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I have had it on my z-fold 4 since last September. Fortunately I have never needed it but it will give you peace of mind if you should.
Paul_Rog
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I've had my fold5 for 24 hours. I was a product of the marketing. I've been an iPhone user since, literally, the iPhone 1.

My hot takes:
The outside screen is half baked. It's just not very useful and not as seamless as it should be. Without full app support and seamless transfer to the main screen when opened, it's just a gimmick.

The Samsung apps are bad, and you are forced to use some of them (looking at Gallery). Why I can't set Google Photos as default or even reset the defaults on the Gallery app goes against what I thought Android was about.

I can block ads on Safari on my iPhone but not chrome on Android.

The notifications are overrated and probably broken. I put Snapchat as just badges and vibration yet it still shows in the drop-down and outside screen. 

OneUI 6 beta doesn't seem to help with doubling down on Samsung Apps and removing the 2 lines of application names in favor of truncating down to a single line (drastic usablity decrease).

So yeah, think I'll try a Pixel.

0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hey Samsung,

As you probably already know from my previous posts šŸ˜ I have the Z Flip5. I think it's a GREAT phone. I still have the Z Fold3 and I never want to go back to a candy bar shaped phone again! But. I feel that there were quite a few missed opportunities that could have been added. Or at the least, brought to the device via software update (instead of being forced to download more Good Lock apps just to circumvent the issue šŸ˜’šŸ™„šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø). 

The follow are those opportunities I believe you could easily fix:

- Swipe fingerprint sensor to pull down notifications
- DeX Mode/MHL compatibility
- Bixby Text Call while Open Phone To Answer feature is turned on
- Tapping Complications on Informative Cover Screens (tap Clock to go to Alarms, tap Date to go to Calendar, etc.)
- No screen rotation on cover screen unless in Camera
- Selecting video or GIF to personalize Informative Cover Screens
- Recent Apps button/gesture on Cover Screen (WE NEED THIS! šŸ˜«)
- Continue apps on Cover Screen like on the Fold (If it works when you open it, it should still work when you close it)

That's all I can think of for now. Don't worry. I'll probably find more šŸ˜„. I would imagine that most of those features could be applied with a software update (and not Good Lock updates šŸ˜”. Even though the apps are cool and appreciated šŸ˜…. It's about continuity šŸ˜”)
CraftDPham
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
definitely agree on bringing back the swipe down on fingerprint sensor for notifications. i would add re-ordering/re-organizing the system icons (I.e. wifi and Bluetooth). long pressing opens the menu to make adjustments from the cover screen
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Absolutely! :hundred_points:
0 Likes
Tankard
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I got the flip 5, its nice, but i wont be upgrading to the next one without compatibility with the s pen (not an s pen in the phone) or dex support. Im enjoying the phone, it feels great and the cover screen is nicer than i thought, (though some features are more annoying to use on it than previous flips), but only time will tell if the new hinge design lasts, and it is still missing a lot of features exclusive to samsung that are more useful than just "phone is small". I have been buying it because small phones are rare, but id like to see more features added than removed or delegated only to the fold. The large cover screen is nice, but its not a feature I would have upgraded for. It is a great upgrade, but coming from another flip, its not enticing enough. Limiting apps/widgets on the cover screen was bad enough with the previous iterations. To see this again with this large cover screen is a let down. There is no store or section of the store just for cover screen themes, or new widgets like with the side panel.
0 Likes
Tre60
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I gotta be honest. I'm getting an extra 3hrs of screen on time compared to my flip 4. Great Job Samsung. Adaptive battery really works, even if you change your usage, it truly adapts.