JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Remote control not working

(Topic created: 03-03-2021 04:14 PM)
user46cEoXErCO
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

For past couple of month, the volume got stuck and unable to change with remote control. We’ve been doing unplug/plug, take off battery to do soft reset and re-pairing remote control. They are all temporary fix and now the tv either does not recognize the remote or recognize as keyboard. Sometimes it will not connect and I have to unplug/plug more than three times to get it connected. Can someone help me with this? Do i need a replacement or is it my TV that is actually the issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
userS6jaTF7O6D
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue here! Now the remote stopped working completely.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, does this occur after resting the remote by taking the batteries out and holding the power button down for at least 10 seconds? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userxlLPGn9DR4
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same issue -- model UN40MU6290. I have tried resetting the factory defaults, turning the TV on and off, running the sound test on the self-diagnostic menu, replacing the batteries in the remote, etc. Nothing has worked so far.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes