JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UHD TV remote wont scroll down in sub-menu

(Topic created: 05-17-2020 12:44 PM)
user7AujUTV0R9
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I recently bought a Samsung UHD series 7 TV and my remote will not scroll down under submenus of settings. It only scrolls to the side and I also cant confirm commands under settings. Please assist

JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
useruKe6hXhNEh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Anonymous 

58" Class NU6080 Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)

MODEL NUMBER: UN58NU6080FXZA

I can't tell you the current software version because the up and down functions do not work when in settings. This is the whole problem.

The up and down (and every other button) work in every other area of the TV, but not in settings. This means I cannot make any changes to the TV other or give you the software version. Is there another way to display the software version?
useruKe6hXhNEh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just a reminder that my 14 month old Samsung tv is still a giant paperweight. 

@Anonymous said they would look into it s week ago.

"provide the full model code and the current software version so that we can look into this."

@SamsungTam 

user5XCJNohOUM
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the same issue with the remote a year or so ago and at the time customers identified that the issue started once SmartThings app was installed and paired with the TV. I was extremely disappointed and worried that customer support instead of acknowledging the issue were dismissive and gave a vague response saying if the issue existed, the software engineers would eventually work on it. It sounds like nearly a year has gone by and it hasn't been fixed yet. 

useruKe6hXhNEh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This does not solve the issue. Read the actual posts and unmark this as solved. THIS IS NOT SOLVED. 

user0UQDMxQhsn
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Now I have this problem too!  Very dismayed to see all these messages here, that Samsung is NOT getting us a solution.  My TV's 18 mo old, so not under warranty.  I can't even watch the TV at all, since I didn't find this glitch that makes the sub-menus unnavigable until my router was replaced, and now I can't update my network settings so my TV is USELESS.   They're sending a service tech out to me, frankly I'm no longer optimistic that he'll have a fix, but we'll see!

I hope I don't have to leave the ranks of long-time SAMSUNG fan over this ... 

userLXQIigagrZ
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Any updates on this issue? I had to reset my wifi and now I can't connect because I can't navigate in the sub menus.