JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble using antenna with Smart TV

(Topic created: 07-26-2019 06:59 PM)
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am trying to hook up an antenna to my Samsung 4k HD Smart TV.  When I go to the Source menu, there is no source for the antenna.  If I click on the TV option, it brings me to TV Plus instead of prompting me to scan for over the air channels.  Also, when I go to Settings and then Broadcast, the Broadcast option is greyed out.  My TV is connected to the Internet.  I checked for updates and there were none.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand that being unable to get the channels you want can be frustrating. Please unplug the power to the TV for 2 - 5 minutes, then turn it back on. Let me know if this brings your Broadcast option back to the Menus.

0 Likes
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just did the factory reset like you suggested, and it worked!  As it was doing the reset, it found the antenna and scanned for channels. I didn't see it as a source at first, but went to the TV Plus source, and my local channels were in the guide.  Thank you so much for all your help!

Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey, hopefully you can help, we did a reset and it didn't work 

we've done everything of the above and linked with an air cable but nothing is working 

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Oh no!  Could you provide the model of the television? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Most likely, can you provide me with a picture of the source options you see on the UN49MU7000F after the antenna is connected?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
iluvgolf18
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do you mean the one I just bought?  No, it's not a DirecTV antenna.  

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I ask because I noticed the source option highlights in green, this means the TV is picking up a DirctTV cable box or antenna generally. If you click on this source option, do you then get the option in settings to choose the Auto Program under Broadcasting?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userwoWZxe1i97
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

TV Plus...must be selected then settings Broadcast should be lit and working 

userDr3jicuRXy
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
This works. Thank you for posting.
0 Likes
userTuT52ZT4XE
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I know this is an older post, but I had similar issues with two Samsung Smart TVs not seeing the antenna (Broadcast options were grayed out).  Rather than do a factory reset, I unplugged the TVs and waited for two minutes before plugging them in again.  Now the broadcast option is available and I was able to scan and find all 91 local channels.