userVT9y5mlnhS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

My blue ray player has the latest firmware (version BSP-C6500WWB-1028.0),

connects successfully to internet(picture attached). I have done factory reset

& initial setup many times but no luck. After going to the Internet@TV screen

I never get to the agreement page, instead a message starting with "Connect to the

Internet & enjoy variety of contents through Internet@TV" is shown. On pressing

enter key on remote, a detailed page(showing +Internet  in right bottom) is

shown which times out to initial "Internet@TV" activation page after a few minutes.

This behavior is consistent. Please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
userPLyAqy8M2J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As I replied to another user, I was glad that my post helped you.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, I suspect that the date/time server that Samsung had used to keep the date and time in our players up to date was taken down.  I don't believe all of our systems are breaking around the same time.  This problem is due to something that our systems have in common, like a server it connect to.  If Samsung would restore that server connection, none of us would have this problem.

I fell sorry for all of the owners of a BD-6500 that lost their Internet functionality did not know to look here to solve this problem.

Samsung?

0 Likes
userkCLwFQASWZ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did the manual clock and turned the other thing off, the agreement finally popped up and I clicked accept but now I’m stuck in a continuous loading state. Solutions?

0 Likes
userPLyAqy8M2J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

About the continous loading state, check the obvious things first like your network connection (Settings, Network, Network Status) and that the date and time are set correctly.  

However, I have bigger news to report!  With my clock set to Manual, I have always had to reset the date and time after a power outage.  However, I discovered that my system still worked after an outage two days ago.  While I was using my system in response to this inqury, I suddenly realized that it still worked.  When I checked the clock it was wrong in both date and time.  It even worked when I changed the clock setting back to Auto.  The only explanatin that I have for this is that Samsung fixed their date/time server after almost a year

Has anyone else noticed this?

To the last poster, given this latest news, it seems that the network connection might be the most likely issue.  Let us know.

0 Likes
userGhEVWP6S0P
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problems as "userVT9y5mlnhS" and the exact same screen captures.  Just as does everyone on this thread. 

I bought a new MU406300 TV $400 and the Note 8 phone $1000.  I was excited to try and get it all working. The Blu-ray plyr had my apps but hasn't been able to get Internet@TV or Samsung APPS for many months now.   I contacted Samsung support and they remoted into my TV.  We tried several things like verifying internet connection and speed,  logging in but no change.

Next he had me do hard reset on plyr (press and hold Stop button on plyr for 8 secs) then a reset msg appeared.  We went through complete setup and it cleared everything and now except for playing discs my Blue-ray plyr is a boat anchor.  Then tech support put me on hold and soon after hung up on me.  How rude! I called back and a second tech support person went through same steps with same results.   Also put me on hold and eventually disconnected the call.  Extra rude!  This happened with a third call and rather than put me on hold she said try leaving plyr on but unplug power cord from wall,  wait 30 secs and plug it back in.   Same results!  She gave me phone number tho send the plyr in for service.  Since its out of warranty I'd have to pay to get it fixed.

Clearly Samsung has discontinued supporting this model without informing anyone, not even their own tech support personnel.   They're forcing us to buy a new plyr.  We've proved it because we all have the exact same problem.  The plyr was working for apps but not Internet@TV nor using Samsung Apps.  After getting tech support we all have expensive boat anchors.

Well Samsung if it doesn't get resolved and I have to buy a new Blu-Ray plyr, I'm going to turn the tables on you and return the $1400 worth of phone and TV instead.   Because it seems apparent that my phone and TV won't be supported in a few years either.  

I have till 1/14/2018 to return this equipment to Best Buy.  So you have until 1/13/2018 to call me and fix it or send me a new model Blu-Ray plyr at your expense since your tech support team turned it into a boat anchor. Seeing as you've discontinued support and didn't even tell your support team. You can look up the serial number of my player, <Hidden>, in your system and get my phone number from your records.  Today 01-03-2018 I spoke with three support people.   It shouldn't be hard to find. 

I fear what it will be like in a few years when they discontinue supporting this TV and Phone. 

Not to mention all the hype about replacing all my remote controls because this new TV's remote can control all my devices.   I did all the setup with the tech support person remoted into my TV, and their remote isn't able to open or close the disc tray,  go-to a disc's menu.   And forget about using it to control a Comcast cable box.  Can't get the guide,  info,  DVR functions, etc.  I'm going back to my Universal Remote. 

I'm so glad I bought this lower priced model to experiment with, rather than the top of the line QLED model, at $3,500+, that has the connection box separate from the TV.  This allows it to mount flush to the wall.

Samsung, when I first got the Blu-ray plyr your tech support was fantastic. Trying it out now I've lost my respect for you.

Signed, 

Regrettably Discontinued 

userRr27H91xC5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I made the mistake of updating the firmware and now poof my apps are gone. Exact same thing so I would say 99.999% Samsung has discountinued support for this. I will not buy another Samsung product and am sharing on as many forums as possible.

0 Likes
userPLyAqy8M2J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

All may not be lost after all.  This may have to do with the date/time setting.

I was having a similar experience recently with not being able to access Internet@TV.  It had worked some months ago, but recently I got a "network interference" message.  After network troubleshooting showed nothing wrong, I tried a Reset, but that made it worse by erasing my apps, even the default ones!  Then I remembered reading somewhere else that you should check the date/time setting.  It had always been set it to "Auto" so I did not pay much attention to the advice earlier.  So out of desperation, I set it to "Manual" and entered the correct date and time.  That was what it needed!!

Internet@TV suddenly connected as before and my apps were restored.  The only thing I can figure is that the server that Samsung uses to sync the date and time is no longer available.  Hence the need for a manual setting.

I would be interested to hear if this works for other BD-C6500 users.

userGhEVWP6S0P
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

WOW, that fixed it.  Now why Samsung hasn't figured that out is a mystery!  But, at least now Samsung can tell past and present owners how to fix it.

But I found BBC News APP returns error device not supported.  So Samsung needs to update that APP and probably several others. 

How do we browse the internet? The Internet@TV icon only shows the splash screen.  Does anyone else have the same problem?

It used to open an internet browser. Which is part of the purpose of buying a Smart device,  like the BLU- Ray player.  So we still aren't out of the woods yet.

Can anyone get Internet@TV to open a browser?  There aren't any browser APPs so that's the only way to browse the internet. 

Discontinued

0 Likes
Solution
userLtoIZaJ7zN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Resetting the clock manually fixed the issue for me

userartTjY4xSc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem and had high hopes that this obscure bug solution would do the trick.

Alas, it did not.

0 Likes
userartTjY4xSc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had the same problem. Updating the clock did not fix it. However, changing another equally obscure setting on the same page did.

on Settings/system there is a setting for connecting to other Samsung TVs, which defaults to 'on.' After changing it to 'off' I was able to get to the accept-terms screen on InterneTV. Go figure.

0 Likes