Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userpQacghpvi6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Know if BD-H8900N is one of the effected products ?

0 Likes
rowlf914
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Is there an official list?  I need to add my model and name if so.

usermxTGOs6x0q
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just spoke with Samsung customer support this morning. I have the HT-J5500W.   As of today, June 23, 2020 they don't not have any info regarding the cause. The very nice customer service rep told me that the engineering team is working on it but at this point there is no turn around time as to when we will get any info on cause and resolution. They basically do not want to offer any information until they have something definitive to share. I told him that Samsung is a large company with a lot of resources they need to get on their game and have this issue resolved soon. We are in a holding pattern for how long, nobody knows.

usercPiJR9DVN0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

thank you for the update! 

0 Likes
user3yVogCR1WX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

HT J5500w TY for update...

@usermxTGOs6x0q wrote:

I just spoke with Samsung customer support this morning. I have the HT-J5500W.   As of today, June 23, 2020 they don't not have any info regarding the cause. The very nice customer service rep told me that the engineering team is working on it but at this point there is no turn around time as to when we will get any info on cause and resolution. They basically do not want to offer any information until they have something definitive to share. I told him that Samsung is a large company with a lot of resources they need to get on their game and have this issue resolved soon. We are in a holding pattern for how long, nobody knows.

0 Likes
JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

In other words, thanks for buying our product. But if you need to watch something you're on your own. This is as far as we go because we only build em and sell em. .....I think I need to look into buying another product. Dont hold your breath people, this will probably drag out like covid. This is obviously beyond their pay grade. Adieu Samsung, parting is such sweet sorrow. 

Jante
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Bothers me that most of us have out of warranty products. They caused this shutdown problem. Will the rest of us be covered?    

THANK YOU all that call and collectively contact them for updates. Some of us, yup me, have a hard time with 'confrontation'. So, thank you again!  

0 Likes
user4B7vRG6coM
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I called twice already and chatted once.  "The Engineers are working on it" that's all I'm told. May be fixed by this Friday... I wish they would let us know so we can decide to forget this our move onto something else. 

0 Likes
userFePLRv0mke
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is doing the same thing...when will the fix be posted

0 Likes
userKEe5JpSyK3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

We're all waiting 😞