Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userzrsCtW4qDa
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

A simple enquiry for the availability of Main PCB  end up booking inspection visit of engineers endlessly. Now, on non availability of parts, samsung gives cashback offer on depreciation basis limits to 5 yrs frm date of purchase. Mine is only 3.5 yrs old. Stand or expect no fix frm samsung india. Ridiculous...just hate to be a samsung onwer in future. Won't trust you (samsung) ever. You really nailed it...

userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Oh man. I also received the same long e-mail mentioning lots of sorry and cash back on depreciation basis. Mine is 3.8 year old unit.

Looks to me this is the only solution they are providing in India.

Never gonna buy any samsung product again.

0 Likes
userao7juHQ2ox
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Here I am again from Brazil. I got an email from Sabrina (moderator) stating that this community is for US customers only. The moderator should ask herself/hisself why we are posting our comments here. She/he would realize that we are doping this because mostly of our local Samsung service centers and support are either not talking to us our claiming that they are not aware of this problem or find any other excuse to let us without any possible solution. Samsung seems to be "global" only when is selling its products but not when a support, technical or service, is needed. I just checked the site "Reclame Aqui" (Tell us your complaint) and noticed that there is a big community also in Brazil with exactly with the same problem, with different players models and no one is getting any viable support from local Samsung attendants. I am sure that Samsung will loose a great amount of potential consumers of home appliances and electronics due to this lack of good support and service. I am already loking for acquiring a new player to replace my faulty Samsung but be sure that it will be of another brand. Good bye Samsung.

0 Likes
Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I just got off the phone with Mercy, employee ID 50315, at Samsung Canada, and they are refusing to acknowledge that there is even a known issue with Blu-Ray players power cycling, let alone the problem being Samsung's fault. How is this possible, that Samsung US has publicly posted about the issue, and is issuing prepaid return labels for the repair, and Samsung Canada still has its head buried in the sand? I asked to speak with someone of higher authority, and was told that I had already reached the top level. For years, working in the IT industry, I have been recommending Samsung screens to my customers, unfortunately, due to this experience, that ends today.

Jabtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The phone number is 1-800-Samsung, tried to  leave the numeric value of the number, but kept being removed, guess they don't want people knowing how to contact them.

0 Likes
userkoM2DKlCkG
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Same problem in india and Malaysia. I have started a discussion on this. Looks likein US only they acknowledged the problem.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Samsung-home-theater-HTJ5550K-in-bootloop-No-Soluti...

Options
Home Theater

@userkoM2DKlCkG wrote:

Same problem in india and Malaysia. I have started a discussion on this. Looks likein US only they acknowledged the problem.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Samsung-home-theater-HTJ5550K-in-bootloop-No-Soluti...

Go here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/ 

and look up your county in the list.  Some of the moderators point out that there are other pages for different countries.  But is seems that the moderators have abandoned this thread..  

userNOA8XYw1BG
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

From Canada .told me they had no reported issues also,  that was week ago Sunday.So sent them the link to Google news  where I first saw" Blue ray disk players stuck in loop" issue.What are they doing? Glad I don't any Samsung stock.

0 Likes
userkx2rgwGsSb
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700/ZA has continuous power cycling. On and off. Can't access the settings due to it powering off so fast. I see this is a common issue among many others that own this model. It just started happening 6/19/20. What is wrong with these?

0 Likes
usertq5Bmtk9af
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I followed the advice of other community members and contacted Samsung to request repairs.  I did this via online chat.  The agent was very nice and sent me the mailing label to ship my box to them.  Yea, this is a lousy situation.  But compared to other product failures I have experienced in my lifetime, Samsung is being relatively generous.  My box is out of warranty and I don't have the original receipt--both of which are supposed to be required.  But the agent waived the requirements and sent me the label anyway.  Yes, Samsung could have handled the whole situation better.  Much better.  But eventually they did step up and take responsibility, which is more than a lot of companies (including mine) would have done.