...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userdoqH0CEHu1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hey, this is Rangbom from South Africa.
I have a HT-J5500k that is also having the exact problem. It began around a wekk ago where It would continually switch on and off every few seconds. The blu-ray was connected to our wifi so is it a samsung bug problem that is continually switching the blu-ray on and off as well as loading the player even though nothing is in there. @The BOSS lady @userSlY6jXH8C3 Can we get an answer asap because we don't buy Samsung products for such service. I'm extremely disappointed 

0 Likes
bassinson
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

All due respect, a response is not a solution, unless that's your only action taken.

0 Likes
userZ2HrCjJbYu
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Any update on this issue or should we begin to ask for refunds on these expensive, noisy paperweights?

0 Likes
user7i0irExDdN
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I too have this issue with my BD-J5100.  Come on Samsung, your last update on this was Monday.  Today is Friday.  Let's get a fix going.  Don't want to avoid Samsung with future purchases 

0 Likes
DannyPoison
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I do not see a Solution posted. 

0 Likes
usersgh69TkfCl
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same thing in Brazil.  HT-J5520Wk/ZD. 

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Question.  I just went to the European Samsung page and found this from Wednesday.  

"Cheers guys!

Update on this. Statement we've just received for UK & Ireland users is:

"Samsung is aware of an issue affecting a small number of devices causing them to be continuously rebooting.  If we recognise your model as one that is potentially affected then we are happy to offer a Free of Charge repair to rectify this issue only, once confirmed by our nominated Authorised Service Centre."

In other words, it's best to get in touch with the Samsung Audio/Visual Support teams directly, and they will advise/assist you from there."

So why are they getting information that we aren't?  Their Site also included links to Service request for Europe and Ireland.  Is someone planning on passing this information on to us with the applicable links??

EDIT:  I like that comment, a "small Number"

userElW1oVRgVT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@The BOSS lady wrote:

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Question.  I just went to the European Samsung page and found this from Wednesday.  

"Cheers guys!

"Samsung is aware of an issue affecting a small number of devices causing them to be continuously rebooting.  If we recognise your model as one that is potentially affected then we are happy to offer a Free of Charge repair to rectify this issue only, once confirmed by our nominated Authorised Service Centre."

In other words, it's best to get in touch with the Samsung Audio/Visual Support teams directly, and they will advise/assist you from there."

So why are they getting information that we aren't?  Their Site also included links to Service request for Europe and Ireland.  Is someone planning on passing this information on to us with the applicable links??

0 Likes
userElW1oVRgVT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Have you got the URL for that? I'm in UK and I don't see that comment anywhere on the UK site.

@Big-Bad-Brad wrote:

@The BOSS lady wrote:

"Cheers guys!

0 Likes
user0NXZ1iAoLG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

this is getting ridiculous, how on earth does samsung NOT have this issue fixed yet???!!! TYPICAL CORPORATE!!!!!!! 

0 Likes