Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userB1w2nG0ktY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

We are having the same issues with our 2 BD5700 as well. How can this be fix or does samsung wants us to cough up money to buy new one? If I have to buy new one it sure wont be samsung. 

userhrZEfD95hc
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same happened to me. HT-J5500K, began to fail at Saturday's night (June 20th). Exact same thing, bootloop and continuous Load message, trying to read a disk even with tray empty. It does have active wireless connection. I'm from Mexico.

I also have a BD-E5500 (offline) and it's working fine until now. 

0 Likes
user4WZV9oSL7A
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I would be interested to know what date your E5500 thinks it is. Do not correct the date, and keep it off the internet so it can't autocorrect the date.

0 Likes
userCbfdT4xSYx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem also.  I just came to use my BD-J5500 player and it is stuck in an infinite power cycle.  I'm confused as to why Samsung is stating that they have a solution at the beginning of this thread, when there is clearly not one. 

0 Likes
JBH1957
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Does anyone know if the boot procedure on Samsung's Blu-ray players looks at the USB port first when starting up?  Unless it does, I don't see how Samsung can deploy a fix that can get the attention of devices that immediately start a seemingly infinite power cycling loop.  Can someone clue me in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I can't see any possible way for Samsung to push a new update down the pipe to our players if they keep cycling power. They've essentially made them boat anchors. I've been working software and hardware updates for over 50 years.

mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It depends on what the problem is (e.g. expired SSL security certificate in the firmware). Hopefully the boot procedure looks for a flash drive in the USB port before it encounters the problem.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

Yes, if there is a way to force a reflash without trying the normal boot it should work.  The only other option will be to send it in for service.

0 Likes
mcw53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Looking at Samsung's flash update procedure, I'm beginning to doubt that it will work. This is from their upgrade guide ...

How to upgrade the BDP
1. Insert the USB flash drive into the BDP while it is ON.
2. In the product’s menu, go to Settings > Support > Software Update.
3. Select Update now.
The product searches for the software on the USB drive.
When it finds the software, the Update Request pop-up appears.
4. Select OK. The product upgrades the software, turns off, and then turns on automatically.

0 Likes
userDLMw1ZP2kH
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same here. Bd-j5100. Exact same thing! Obviously it's a Samsung firmware problem.   We need them to fix this ASAP. 

0 Likes