Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
userRY4qhaAlzv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue with J5700 beginning at approximately 8pm 6/18/2020. I called customer support and they refused to acknowldge that it was a Samsung issue and wanted to charge me for a repair. I filled out the customer service survey with highly negative responses. Samsung has not responded to any of the Community forum posts regarding this issue. 

userRY4qhaAlzv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am currently chatting with "Kimberly A., Samsung Expert, 100% Helpful"

She has said "

Yes, Samsung covers it. Please mail-in your Samsung Blu-Ray for repair in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ If the link is broken, please copy and paste it or type in Google "SAMSUNG US SUPPORT SERVICE" The repair will be covered by Samsung. Elaborate on the service request that it is for a BLU-RAY player power cycyling."

Has anyone tried this? I asked why this solution had not been posted to the Samsung Community and she said "I am sorry. This is the only information given to us." I'd say Kimberly A. isn't exacly 100% helpful.....
0 Likes
userxqcgXPq6al
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My Bd-j5700 started recycling on and off (very quickly and never stopping) late last night. It was making a strange noise; that was why I noticed it. I was finally able to put in a disc in the very short time I could get it to open, but when it briefly flashed on the screen it said "no disc". Won't stay on long enough to use any of the buttons on the remote.  Didn't help to unplug/plug.

I switched it out with have an identical player I hardly ever use.  Everything looked like it was fine. Great! It asked if I wanted to do a software update online. When I did that, it immediately started doing the same infinite recycling the first player did. Help please!!

0 Likes
Palmer2000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Pysical Buttons on the BR player no longer work, parts of the remote no longer work, and the player keeps turning on and off. And it will stay on for about 1 to 4 second until turning off. Is there any way to fix it.

0 Likes
userWO3QjvqPxX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Our Blu-Ray player keeps cycling and we cant eject/open disk slot. Apart from it being annoying to hear, we cant access our Netflix or play a DVD.  Is this a firmware update or issue with our Blu Ray? 

userDMVx9YGCI4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here, my player is the BDJ5700.