Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userLCQ4KZfXtW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We have two J5700s.  Both developed exactly the same problem last night (June 18).   I was relieved to see the threads devoted to this issue since we have tried everything to 'fix' the problem

but very disappointed to see only one reply from Samsung in which a number of questions and suggestions (all unsuccessful) were mentioned.  No words from Samsung regarding working on the problem.  Am I missing something?

useriM5msTLtzn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

same problem here,

0 Likes
user21wDRqphic
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-J5700. It was working fine 2020/06/18 during the day and later that night it started this cycling on/off. I chatted with support today (06/19) and he said Samsung was actively working on a fix and will email me when/if they figure it out. For the time being, he said, there is no ETA on a fix and Samsun hasn't made Blue-ray players since 2017.

userdpYYG4AXAv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I also have a BD-J5700 and mine was fine last night (6/18/2020) and tonight I turned it on and it just started spazzing out doing the same as everyone else's. I've had this for years and never one issue until tonight. I tried all the "fixes". The 8 second button push, the unplug, even tried a different outlet (not sure what I thought that would do) and tried repeatedly plugging and I plugging quickly. Thought maybe a weird surge of electricity would stop it spazzing. 🙄 I tried a "fix" that involved putting a disc in and pushing the source button when it went to load. NOTHING! I'm getting Really annoyed. I just want to watch TV in our bedroom and we don't have a smart tv in there so the player is literally the only way we can watch tv in the bedroom. (No cable) 🤬 Get it together @samsung978531

0 Likes
userP2id58mRzW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have both a BDJM57C and BD-J5700 that are cyclings on and off as of today.  Once started yesterday and the other joined its friend today.  This is highly annoying.

0 Likes
userrh8vYBwGp0
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

This has happened to mine as well. Any news on when Samsung will resolve this?

0 Likes
userpP6uK5J5CD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We bought 3 of them at Costco almost 3 years ago to covert our TV's to smart ones. 2 of them are broken, they keep trying to boot, going back and forth between the menu screen and a  blank screen,  back and forth,  forever.  I was able to open the DVD door with the remote,  the DVD was unable to boot. Some kind of boot issue software related. Called Costco,

said bring them back and they will give me my money back.

0 Likes
useri6ooo1Uszr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

No issue here on my HT-F5550W.

Unplugged the ethernet anyway... just in case.

0 Likes
userxSa1T3l2s8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Adding my comment to this list in hopes of someday getting a fix.  ht-j5500w model started the endless cycle last night.

usercezX9q3gQh
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung BD-JM57C is in a infinite loop switching itself on and off. My favorite workout DVD is stuck in it but it thinks the DVD tray is empty.
 It keeps cycling on and off saying no disc inside. I cannot use it for YouTube, Netflix or anything. It was working 2 days ago. I think Samsung pushed some firmware changes that have resulted in this issue. HELP. 

0 Likes