Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userONRt7CyDoT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD J5700 and have had excellent service until this morning.  It worked fine last night.  This morning I turned it on and it made a noise like it was loading the CD but that was in it.  Then it would flash on the screen and it appeared to be scrolling through the menu.  It also said, no DVD installed and insert DVD.  Also, across the logo for the DVD there was a giant arrow pointing up.  It would not respond to any commands.  I could not eject the DVD nor turn the player off by remote or by pushing the 'off' button.  I unplugged it for several hours but no change.  Now when it is plugged in, it  is on and goes through the cycling.  I also cannot eject the disc manually.  I can see the litttle gear turning but it does nothing,  I don't know what firmware is intalled because it won't respond to commands.  I do know that I installed new firmware the last time I was notified.

0 Likes
userp73bCT1pt9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

06/20/2020

Like two days ago, like overnight, my Home Theater (model: HT-J5530K) stopped working. The device turns on, show the Samsung logo, somehow detects a disk and after two seconds, it turns off. All this repeatedly. I readed some complaints like mine, and it looks like it´s a global problem. Please resolve this.  At least tell us that you are looking for a sollution. Thanks.

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

They're actually doing the complete opposite. They're bundling all our threads on this topic into a random thread and it is marked as solved. A few people, myself included, shared stories about how they initially contacted Samsung and a rep tried to sell an out of pocket repair to solve the issue. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-power-cycling-whenever-plugged-in/m-...

I'm beginning to lose complete faith in Samsung. 

userDqYyD6oK6s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Solution: contact Samsung support via their chat for a prepaid UPS label to ship your device to their NJ repair center to fix the problem.

0 Likes
userf6EGkIcst4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,same happened to my j5550w since on Friday I am Reutlingen Germany. Oh well, will have to wait and see what Samsung are going to suggest. I hope there is still way to update and fix from this situation. 

userf6EGkIcst4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Since on last Friday my Samsung HT J5500 is not working. It can't load any DVD and also I can't go into the menu. Please I need a solution to it.

userDqYyD6oK6s
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Solution: contact Samsung support via their chat for a prepaid UPS label to ship your device to their NJ repair center to fix the problem.

0 Likes
user9cYbtdgmS4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I last used my blu-ray BD-J5700 a few days ago and it worked fine. Today, it is continually turning on and off in a loop and nothing will stop it. I tried unplugging it for a while but as soon as I plugged it back in it did the same thing. It seems others have this issue. Will there be a fix or should I look for a new player?

users0dXnbfkBQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

The clowns at Samsung who say this is solved....nonsense!  All they admit to is that people (thousands, if not tens of thousands) have said there is a problem.  That's the solution!  Yes, problem here, BD-J5900.

userzjbV87cgAL
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

my Blu-ray BD-JM57C quit working on the same day as others reported - the 17th.  I've shut it off for extended periods and tried all manners of re-sets. Unable to find a solution with Samsung.