...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userRvig4UAkJx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Good point about the e-waste. 

Two days ago, Samsung said "24 hours", now it's 7 days. I'm not holding my breath and am using Roku now and a portable DVD-RW I had stashed away. Have to get my hands on a USB-to-HDMI for the TV. Thanks for nothing, Samsung.

userCyFxpIht7A
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Us as well. Bluray player has worked perfectly for at least four years. Suddenly Thursday it started doing this. I was able to get the DVD we had in the player out by holding down the eject button on the remote, which opened long enough to let me grab the disc out before it closed itself again. The Samsung logo comes up on the television screen, we see the menu screen with the "photo" highlighted for about two seconds, and then it boots up again. Rinse lather repeat. Nothing makes any difference. This is pretty clearly Samsung's problem and they need to make it right, but I don't know how releasing an update is going to do anything when none of us can keep our players on long enough to run an update.

userVRD0k4YZHi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine I having the same issues and from the same date. I'm watching the threads and hoping Samsung announces a solution soon. 

0 Likes
userLnojqiv9sY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

RE: BD- JM57 ZA

More complaints here. I thought the Blu Ray Plyer was due for the trash heap untill I found all these threads reflecting the same problem. Cannot switch it off unless unplugged.

0 Likes
userftSClYEhMX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I use my player to watch Netflix,  Prime, and YouTube videos. Thursday night all was well. Friday night it was impossible to use due to boot looping. I tried unplugging it, changing the HDMI cable, and more to no avail. The fix has to be on the Samsung end, not mine!  Good to know that I'm not alone in this but sorry so many are having this issue. 

userGpMUELhPZT
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same with no. audio went out to the TV then the whole player stopped once it power cycled. I really hope they get a easy fix for this cause its a HUGE problem aparently.

PaulNotJohn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same Issue.  They said 48 hrs  24 hrs ago.

0 Likes
useroIE7jrCk4s
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have three Samsung players and they are all doing the same thing.   I hope they find a solution soon.  It would be nice to watch my DVD's/Blu-ray's.

0 Likes
userg7CDWMTyeK
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I am from the UK & I have three BD-J5500 Blu-Ray Player. Two of these player developed this problem within a few hours. I quickly pulled the network cable out of the third player before it could also become infected. I have now seen an artical on the internet stating that more than 35 countries are dispaying this 'Feature' on numerous models. I contacted Samsung Support in the UK who said that they were aware of the problem, had not got a solution. They would not call me back when they did have a solution! I had to check again with them in a few days! I am really not very impressed.

godtiermeme
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Did unplugging the ethernet work? Ours was unplugged for a few days and now I'm kicking myself and wondering if I could have prevented it from bricking by keeping it unplugged.

0 Likes