...it was working fine last night.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
The BOSS lady
Galaxy
Options
Home Theater

We are aware of the boot loop issue that appeared on certain 2015 Samsung Blu-Ray players and are offering free mail-in repairs to customers who have been impacted. We encourage any customer with questions to contact us directly via chat or call at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

2,664 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

We're sorry to hear that! Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Are you getting any error messages?

users7uH5pW6vY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This is strange. The OP posted their message a few hours ago. My Samsung BD-57C just started doing the same thing about an hour ago. As soon as it receives power, it starts clicking and buzzing as if it's trying to load a disc. Nothing is displayed on the TV. I changed batteries in the remote. The remote will open the drawer oncei per it on with the remote,  but the player closes it in two seconds and starts making noise again. If I insert a disc, I'll hear the player start reading the disc, but then it starts the clicking and buzzing. At no point will anything be displayed on the TV screen. I unplugged the player for ten minutes. While it's unplugged, I depressed the power button for 30 seconds. As soon as I plug it in, it immediately starts making noise. Any ideas? It's about 2 years old. I've maybe used it about 20 times. 
Thank you,

Rich

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

@users7uH5pW6vY Please remove the disc from the unit. Turn it on and then hold down the Eject button on the player for 8 seconds. Please let us know if this changes anything.

users7uH5pW6vY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've done that as well. Nothing different happens. 

user8FedjnjSFr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine just started doing the exact same thing. It worked fine yesterday. I only use it for Netflix. It doesn't even have a disc in it and never has.

userAg14mn7HRE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a bd-5100 and it's doing the exact same thing.

wont turn off, just a continual cycle. Something bogus going on @ Samsung. 

userxqcgXPq6al
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same issue with two BD-J5700 blu Ray players. I noticed it on one last night. I replaced it an identical spare model this morning. The display looked normal at first, but it asked me to do an online software update. After that the second player also started recycling on and off infinitely. How can they be fixed if they stay on for only a second each time???

userbFtA8Cj2Pi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the exact situation. I switched one out for the other. Soon as software updated it was Fubar.

AverageConsumer
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Samsung bd-j5700 started doing this two days ago. It does sound like it is in a continuous reboot loop. 

I also have a Samsung bd-c6500 that saves it can't reach a server for fw upgrade.