JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blu-ray player turning on and off

(Topic created: 04-12-2021 07:17 AM)
usergjUciKLagO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Blu-ray/DVD player (model HT-J5500W) keeps cycling like it’s trying to load a disc but then doesn’t. I’ve tried turning it off and on and unplugging it but nothing helps. It won’t do anything else. Just starts up then seems like it shuts down then does it all over again.

4 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Is the player plugged into a wall outlet directly or a surge protector? Has it had any updates recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usergjUciKLagO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It is plugged into an extension strip. Has been for a couple years now. Never a problem. Last night I started to watch a Blu-ray (Kong Of Skull Island, do not new new) and about 35 minutes in, I had to take my dog out. In that time it shut off. When I came back in and turned it on, it just kept trying to load but wouldn’t play, kept trying, I couldn’t do anything else. So I turned it off and unplugged from back. Waited about 30 seconds and then plugged it back in. Still the same. Tried today and still the same. 

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Try plugging the device directly into a wall socket. I don't know why but this helps with these types of issues with electronics a lot more than not. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes