JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Looking for an inexpensive sound bar for my new QLED TV

(Topic created: 08-28-2024 02:27 PM)
Esox07
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just picked up my new Q70D 75" QLED tv.  I haven't even set it up or plugged it in yet, but I am thinking I will maybe want a sound bar for it.  I am not an audio junky but I do like good clear audio when watching TV.  I am not looking for anything expensive.  I am sure something under $100 off Amazon would be sufficient.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I like the idea of bluetooth connection but it sounds like HDMI-Arc is the best option.  Any opinions on that?  One other question, does the sound bar turn off and on with the TV or do you normally have to turn it off separately?
thanks for any suggestions, advice or help.

Bruce

15 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Home Theater

@Esox07 I can understand the need to stay in a budget. Just be aware that the lower cost soundbars are going to have fewer features. I have a HW-Q800D soundbar attached to my Q80C 75" QLED. It connects via HDMI/eARC. It turns on when the TV turns on, all very seamless operation. It does have a wireless subwoofer also. It is well above your stated price point though. 

I would recommend one with the Q-symphony feature. The feature uses your Tvs speakers along with the subwoofer for even more powerful sound. It looks like on the Samsung.com page the HW-S50B has Q-symphony and just under $200. It still may be outside of your budget. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/samsung-hw-s50b-3-0ch-al...

Esox07
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks LongHiker:   I really appreciate the suggestion.  But, yah, I am definitely on a budget and I am definitely not one that cherishes superb audio.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

I have a Z-Vox with accu-voice (enhances sound for dialogue).  Looking at their site, they currently have a sale with models ranging from 59.99 to 219.99, probably either one of the two low priced models will serve you well.  There are a number of various branded, sub-$100 bars on Amazon.  If you are not an audiophile, any one of them should serve you well, and will certainly be better than the TV's built-in speakers.

0 Likes
Esox07
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That would be awesome as the main reason for getting a sound bar was my impaired hearing.  I have a hard time understanding dialoge in movies and some shows.  I didn't know this accu-voice thing was a thing.

However, the best price I see on amazon for one is the

https://www.amazon.com/ZVOX-AccuVoice-Clarifying-Technology-Subwoofer/dp/B09ZKF7MVK/ref=sr_1_7_sspa?...

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

you can order directly from zvox for the outlet prices.  

https://zvox.com/collections/accuvoice/products/zvox-av120  

Also, if you have BT headphones or air buds, you can go to the hearing enhancements in accessibility and turn on amplify ambient sound.  You can actually add it to theater mode (or create a custom mode), and then turn on theater mode when you watch TV (with or without a sound bar), or you can just turn it on independently when you need it. It only works with BT headphones/buds, though.

You could also wait for Black Friday sales or Amazon Day sales, Zvox usually also reduces prices around then, both on their own site and Amazon.

0 Likes
Esox07
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Realaud:  I had a speaker ordered on Amazon but canceled it.  I am going to get a voice assist sound bar and likely ZVox.  Can you tell me what model you have?

Also, I have BT hearing aids and may try to set that hearing enhancements setting.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

I do not believe they make my model anymore.  I have an AV-200, but it's several years old now.  The AV-120 I linked to on their site is going for 59.99 with free shipping and 60 day in home trial, so you can return it if it doesn't meet your needs. I bought mine directly from Z-Vox.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

Accu-voice is awesome, what it does is enhances the dialogue track while reducing the background track.  The model I have also keeps the volume level between programming and commercials at an equal, constant level, I don't actually know if all their models have that.

0 Likes
Solution
Esox07
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks to realaud and others that chimed in.  I think I am going with the AV157 (Refurbished) from Amazon.  It is extending my budget quite a bit as did the TV I bought, but I want to give this solution a fair shot.  It has a 90 day return policy with it from Amazon so that is longer than Zvox and I won't even have to pay return shipping if I choose to use it.  I will try to remember to come back and post how it turns out for me.

Thanks again.

Bruce

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TPVJHC5/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2VIDNIRUFUOAJ&psc=1