Original topic:

Q900T Soundbar - No sound output

(Topic created: 05-15-2021 05:10 AM)
userbijJ2BIB3L
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi All.

I have had the Q900T for about 12 months and for most of this duration,  there has been no issues with the device.

However about 1 month ago, the device stopped automatically connecting whenever the TV was switched on. It has been connected by using the HDMI arc port into the back of the TV and into the soundbar. The TV setting have Anynet+ activated and you can  select the sound bar in the output audio in the settings, however when you change the audio from TV speaker to soundbar, it goes quiet.

I have tried replacing the hdmi cable which made no difference. I have also tried setting up the sound bar using a wifi connection using the "Smart Things" app. Again you can connect the soundbar using this method but selecting the option on the TV audio settings, but no sound is produced.

I am hoping someone who has experienced this problem can assist.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Can you try/ verify the following troubleshooting steps in the link provided: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109856/

This is something that will require service, please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the television as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Can you try/ verify the following troubleshooting steps in the link provided: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109856/

This is something that will require service, please reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the television as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userbijJ2BIB3L
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks, I have already tried this link however none of the solutions were successful.

I live outside the US so was hoping you can direct me to a point of contact that does services within New Zealand?

Beyond a servicing, are there any other solutions to this problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
Thanks!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes