Original topic:

Samsung HW-N950 Subwoofer Static

(Topic created: 03-19-2020 04:57 PM)
userXs1gKsFiep
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I am experiencing distortion / static with my Samsung HW-N950 subwoofer. The behavior is random in nature (roughly 10%),  but usually presents itself during low tones, especially if the sub is being taxed during movies. I've tried multiple inputs (bluetooth, wifi, hdmi), and multiple formats (DD, Atoms, etc.,) but this hasn't helped. Subwoofer is roughly 6 feet from the soundbar.

I have a general feeling that my WiFi router may be the culprit. I moved it to the other side of the room, which I believe has helped, but still experiencing issues.

Has anyone experienced something similar? This is extremely frustrating, and has led me to unplug the subwoofer at times.

Thanks,

Matthew

userD1aiQODODV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

So how can I solve the issue ? 😩 it's the same issue as the guy mention above 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I believe they ended up using a wired connection for the living room so there was no Wi-Fi interference. If you turn off your router, does the symptom persist? 

0 Likes
userD1aiQODODV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It doesn't let me reply on the latest post.. so you are saying just reset my modem? Turn it off and on? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Our apologies for the issues when replying, we are working to correct these issues.

I am not, if you turn it off and keep it off, do you notice static? 

0 Likes
userwGmmqmiCai
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

So how do you fix it if there is no ethernet port.  This is so frustrating  paid this money for this and I get distortion for sound out of my subwoofer.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@userD1aiQODODVThere is not an Ethernet port on this model. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

@userwGmmqmiCai The issue is likely signal interference. You can move the subwoofer closer to the sound bar or try to eliminate wireless "noise" within the room.

0 Likes
usergpIGzWiD9N
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I had this same issue. My network runs on Netgear Orbi.  I did 2 things to resolve this.  1: I moved my subwoofer away from the Netgear Orbi router and particularly made sure that the subwoofer was not in the path between the Orbi router and any of its satellites.

2: I read somewhere that the interference could be caused by the back-channel that the orbi uses to communicate between satellites.  There's a backdoor way to change this channel.  I made this change as well.

Since doing this I haven't had any static from my subwoofer.  

Do I think I should HAVE to do this?  No.  I think Samsung should assume people are using mesh routers and that there's a good chance they sit near their home theater system, but this did seem to fix the problem for me.

0 Likes
userKhN5WptCKu
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

100% wired ethernet to whatever source you are streaming your content from. Ran a cable from my router to my apple tv 4k and the distortion/cutting out rear speakers issue is resolved.

0 Likes
uservZadrchb3f
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

anyone find a solution to this static issue yet? spend a good chunk of change only to have this static issue creep up during movies is horrible.

userLfDKUj9qvF
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hello... I am having the same static issue coming only from my Subwoofer. Although I am glad a hard wired ethernet connection solved the other customer's problem, I don't believe I or many of us are experiencing the same issue. If I connect my phone or any other device via Bluetooth, I still get the same exact static as I do via Wif or HDMI. If I am connecting via BT, the issue should not have to do with HDMI or wifi. Has anyone else figured another solution? Thanks!