Original topic:

hw-q930b Soundbar Music Issue

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 12:07 PM)
gauntlet0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi All, 
I'm hoping someone can help with an issue that has been driving me crazy.  I have a Samsung hw-q930b soundbar, which is the new 9.1.4 channel Dolby Atmos soundbar.  Overall its been a fine soundbar with one major issue.  Whenever I'm watching something that has a music track playing, the music is too low.  I've tried every setting everything I can think of to troubleshoot.  

As an example, I'm watching Thor Love and Thunder, and there is the scene where he is fighting the bird aliens and "Welcome to the jungle" is playing.  All sound is at there normal levels, but the song audio is too low.  This happens with all types of shows and media.  

A quirk to this issue is that its almost like the music is entirely independent of the other channels.  I used the Smart Things app and turned down the volume for each channel independently (Front, side, front top, wide, rear, rear top and all channels reduced but the music stayed the same volume level.  

Here are my connections and devices:

TV: Samsung Q80r (2019) connected via arc

UHD Blu-Ray: Panasonic 

Roku 4k

Xbox Series X

Sony PS5

Anyone experience this, or have any thoughts or solutions?

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This is a strange one with the music being lower than everything else. You can use the link below to get into the expert sound settings to adjust to your liking to solve this issue.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062196/

If this does not help then this may require service, especially if this is happening on all sources and all apps.  Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes