JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby app frozen/stuck on Family Hub!

(Topic created: 10-18-2020 03:17 PM)
bridaus
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bixby on family hub is stuck on the "Get Started with Bixby" with my email address on it and a next button.  Clicking the button does not result in any action other than the button depressing...

I have tried:

1. Restarting the family hub.

2. Clearing data for the "Exploring Bixby" app.

Any/all ideas are welcome!

18 Replies
user5WLV2cTLsH
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you find anything out from support I have the same problem

0 Likes
userjfvMXZxurA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Any info on this? Having the same problem on a fridge we just had delivered today. Power cycled and still stuck with the non working "next" button. Thank you

0 Likes
bridaus
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

No solution proposed so far has worked for me.  Part of the value of this fridge was not delivered to me, and I feel like people should know and stay away from this fridge if this is important functionality for them.  Bixby does not work at all and there is no solution.

0 Likes
useruCfVxUsXbm
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem. This has been going on since early July when we took possession of the fridge. Very disappointing. I moved the Google home out of the kitchen and now this assistant doesn't work at all.

When I say Hi Bixby, it opens the app and just sits there at "Hi there. Welcome to the new Bixby" with the email address and won't go any further. I've set the app up, it knows my voice, I've connected to wifi, even my phone, I use the family hub Android app as well as Smart Things. NOTHING works to get this thing to go further.

The kids want me to return the fridge because it doesn't work. Being able to control the fridge and apps (ask questions, set timers, launch music, recipes, reminders, etc.) via voice was THE WHOLE POINT in getting this fridge.

Model: RF23M8570SG/AA. The software is up to date (it's greyed out).

0 Likes
Yjulio
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Same issue here, anyone find a solution?
0 Likes
Solution
userUNkSE47hjB
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had same problem, I finally was able to fix. Here what I did...

1st pulled up all apps by swiping up

2nd on the right side you should see an option for "app setting" and "update all". Click app setting.

3rd click explore bixby. Click clear cache.

4th restart fridge.

5th. Once it reboots Repeat steps 1 and 2 but click on update all apps instead.

6. Last, once update is complete. Swipe up to bring up all apps, click the explore bixby app. The moment it pops up on the Get start Screen quickly hit the next button about 3 times really quick.

For me it forced bixby to next page and since then it been working I'm not sure if it would work for you but I thought I would share. 

userkRKEouIImd
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This worked for me.  I did lose the WiFi after doing this, so I have to reboot once more.  Not sure it is related, but did happen at the same time.  Glad everything is working now.  Too bad it won't work right without rebooting.

0 Likes
user0WDH978n67
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Replying to this message as this did not fix the issue for me.  What did fix it was simply logging out of my Samsung account on the fridge and logging back in.  After that it worked perfectly.

0 Likes
useroObosg8bed
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

after reading the comments it looks like signing out of my Samsung account and signing back in fixed the problem for me

0 Likes