cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

DW80F600UTS (dishwasher) stops 9min into cycle with 'drain error' warning light, but no drain issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a DW80F600UTS dishwasher, now out of warranty, which for a few months has been showing a 'drain error' indicator light at the end of the cycle but has been running fine otherwise; the only other indication we've seen of trouble is that occasionally the detergent door hasn't opened, but we've attributed that to something blocking it, though we try to make sure that space is clear.

Unfortunately, in the last couple days, it has now worsened such that it doesn't complete its cycle at all, stopping after just about exactly 9 minutes into the cycle.  It seems to start as usual, going through the usual check-the-pump and drain exercises at the beginning, and a few more pumping actions in the next few minutes.  Then it tinkles 4 times and stops, again with the delicate light blinking that according to the 'information codes' indicates a 'drain error'.  I've checked the drain tube, and the pump area underneath the filter int he bottom of the tub and find no blockages--though there was a little lint down there that i removed.  We've never seen puddling in the tub nor signs of leakage, and as far as i can tell the drain tube is not kinked or cracked.

I also notice that the detergent dish doesn't open at all--but that may be later in the cycle and it's just not getting that far?

It also seems to fail in the same way no matter the cycle or options selected--stops at the same time and in the same way.

I've checked the user-manual and online troubleshooting articles for that model and find nothing even suggestive of similar problems, much less that specific one nor a solution.

What happens at 9 mins into the cycle?

other things i should look at?  It was professionally installed so I haven't pulled it out and checked behind, but could if needed.

is it possible that it's a failure of the computer and not a drain issue at all? how can I confirm or disprove that possibility, before having to initiate a service call?

thanks for any help you can offer!

brent

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: DW80F600UTS (dishwasher) stops 9min into cycle with 'drain error' warning light, but no drain is

JUMP TO SOLUTION

onsite service tech determined that a sensor (no longer under warranty) and control board (covered by 5yr warranty) needed replacement, and that fixed it.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: DW80F600UTS (dishwasher) stops 9min into cycle with 'drain error' warning light, but no drain is

JUMP TO SOLUTION

not hearing an answer here, I called support. after some searching, the support tech said that this problem is sometimes a problem with the control board, which is warrented for 5years, not just 1. A support ticket is created and we'll see. I'll update here when we know what's wrong.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

onsite service tech determined that a sensor (no longer under warranty) and control board (covered by 5yr warranty) needed replacement, and that fixed it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mind sharing the ballpark of the repair bill? Curious, for comparison purposes so I don't get taken advantage of.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having exactly the same problem.  What did you do to solve the problem?

The lights indicate a clogged drain, but I have checked it and it isn't.  The cycle is:

Drain the water,   fill the water, drain the water, fill the water, drain the water (about 5 times) then the error.

I can see the water being pumped out so the drain isn't clogged.

Thanks,

Dennis

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

a reply under my first note(s) about it should be there, but i called samsung and opened a service ticket on it and the repairman determined that (1) yes, there was NOT a drain problem, and (2) the problem was a sensor in the bottom of the dishwasher, in the pan on the bottom, that looks for overflows etc, AND (2b) the 'control board' or main computer for the dishwasher also needed to be replaced. the control board is warrented for 5 years, but all the other parts (and labor) for only one year.  so if you're still under the 1yr warranty you should be in great shape, and if within the 5yr AND if it's the control board you'd still have to pay for labor but the board is covered.  I had to pay for labor and the sensor, and since the repairman came from a long ways away the travel was really expensive, sigh.  but it works again!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issue and I'm not sure if its worth paying for the labor and parts on the sensor.  I'm still under the 5 year warranty for the control board.  Would you mind sharing your approximate cost for this fix?  Is it better to just buy a new dishwasher at this point?

Thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my *memory* is that the part cost about $60. but the repairman's labor cost included an hour's travel to me, so that part was more expensive than it should've been.  hopefully yours will be right in town near you.  given that your control board is still under warranty, and that it's otherwise a very good dishwasher, I think, and the cost of replacing it, I'd think it'd be worth repairing.  my 2-cents.  good luck!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the exact same issue but it's more than 5 years.  A technician told me the control board would be about $450.  Does that sound right?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.