Original topic:

Dead oven after self clean

(Topic created: 09-17-2024 05:20 PM)
ree2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've got a Samsung NE59J7630 electric range. I used the oven self clean today, and after less than 3 hours all touchpad buttons quit operating. The oven is still locked after about 8 hours (it's completely cooled down). There is nothing displayed on the LED clock, and the buttons do not respond to any touch. HELP!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ree2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I received the new high limit thermostat yesterday. I removed the back of the range, took out the old one and installed the new one. As soon as I plugged it back in, the stove beeped. The display came back on and I was able to unlock the stove door. So in my case, this was the solution. Part number is DE47-20037A. There are several videos on YouTube that demonstrate all the steps. If I can do it, YOU can do it and save yourself the cost of a service call. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Maybe it tripped the breaker? Did you check
0 Likes
ree2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for the reply. I first checked the control lockout (Press OFF/CLEAR for 3 seconds). No response there. Then I checked the breaker. It had not tripped. For good measure, I turned later tripped it and left it for one minute, then reset it. Still nothing.

0 Likes
ree2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I forgot to mention that the stovetop still works. Weird, right?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello and thank you for reaching out to our Samsung Community regarding the range. It will appear you will need to contact a technician for service due to the previous steps to resolve this concern being unsuccessful. You can absolutely review those steps again if needed from this resource article- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001957/

However, ultimately as stated If the door remains locked after performing the previous steps mentioned within the article, you will need to visit the Support Center to request service or Private Message any moderator by clicking on the chat option with your full model and serial number to proceed with service through that aspect. 

ree2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After doing some additional online research, I discovered many others have had this issue. It sounds like a bad design involving the high temp sensor blowing whenever the self-clean cycle is used. I'll follow up with my outcome once the new sensor arrives and I get it installed. The part number is DE47-20037A and is available through Samsung or on Amazon.

0 Likes
Solution
ree2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I received the new high limit thermostat yesterday. I removed the back of the range, took out the old one and installed the new one. As soon as I plugged it back in, the stove beeped. The display came back on and I was able to unlock the stove door. So in my case, this was the solution. Part number is DE47-20037A. There are several videos on YouTube that demonstrate all the steps. If I can do it, YOU can do it and save yourself the cost of a service call. 

0 Likes