JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dishwasher DW80R9950US/AA Odor

(Topic created: 08-05-2022 08:02 AM)
usercuHYpTLpyf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought this from best buy last March. From the beginning it puts off a musty humid odor when not in use for a day or so. If there are dishes in there the smell is downright awful. Also, sometimes knives come out with rust marks. and the door doesn't stay flat when loading dishes. It has been doing this since I bought it.  I had Samsung out twice and the Best Buy Geek Squad out once. No one can tell me why any of this is happening. I am just told the dishwasher is working fine. I never had a dishwasher do any of this. So, not happy. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

4 Replies
Valkyrie1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I would check the drain it's connected into and also check for proper venting. It may be getting backwash from that location as well.
0 Likes
usercuHYpTLpyf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am kind of dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff. Can you give me any idea how to check this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Valkyrie1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
The dw should drain in to a drain higher than the drain it hoes into. It should have a vent above that. If I made sense good. If not have a plumber look at it. You can also look for a YouTube video too.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand the frustration of having odors in your dishwasher. But not to worry, I've got just what you need. The following link will take you to our guide on removing and preventing odors in your dishwasher. It has step-by-step instructions that will walk you through all the possible causes, as well as many great tips on keeping your dishwasher fresh. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001923/