cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQFWw2kZNKu
Constellation

Re: Freezer not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

French doors, bottom freezer - RF26J7500SR/AA.  Freezer not  working properly, bottom drawer is froze but everything is thawed out in top drawer in freezer.  Have had freezer set at -8 just to keep the temperature between 5-10 above.  Has there been any "fix" to this issue?  Hard to believe there is not a fix for this problem with as many people that are having the same problem.

Thank you,

Scott

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number so we can look into this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

GearS3Owner
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an epidemic.  Fridge is just over 5 years old, have had an authorized Samsung repairman out who fixed the poorly designed refrigerant lines which needed rewelding at the compressor.  That fixed, ice started coming out of the back panel of the fridge and the freezer stopped freezing.  Set at -8, power freeze, unplugged, you name it, didn't work.  Finally went YouTube-ing to look for a solution.  Countless videos on how to pull the panel, and thaw out the drain port which constantly freezes causing condensation to build in the evaporator and overflows under the crisper.  Again, poor design Samsung.  Thawed and cleared out the drain line, as well as testing the fan on the freezer which works fine.  Fridge is cold and the ice maker works so don't believe it's a refrigerant issue.  Next step is to pull the back panel in the freezer again to see if the evaporator is cold.  Who knows, I've read it could be the sensor which is mounted on top of the freezer, just above the top drawer; really bad design.    Really disappointed as I generally like and have had decent luck with my Samsung products until this lemon.

jlgrandma
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I sent a private message, gave all my info, said a Samsung repair person would contact me, got a repair ticket this morning, stating "out of Warranty" a repair person called me twice, informing me that this was out of warranty, you guessed it, this is not getting repaired.  Samsung makes it out to be concerned and willing to work with you then BAM, you will pay for repairs.  Seems like this is an on going issue.  It's a shame they don't stand by their product.  Home Depot even rejected my review on this refrigerator Smiley Happy

userywE2WcBrgd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had same problem. Coolant had slowly leaked from system. Solder joints look poorly done. I recharged system and working great for 2 days now. Took 6 hrs. for freezer to reach -2F from 70F and fridge working fine.

userHHqokKjMNh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue .. is have a RF263 .. had if for 2.5 years .. one day the freezer just stopped .. I had a tech come out .. he looked at the evap. And it was frozen said he ain' touching it ..

Got a Samsung tech look at it , he diagnosed the fridge dead ..

I did my own tests.   Lol .. did a forced defrost.. got the system to defrost the coils. Then the system was not cooling ..  the freaking system has two thermostats .. I was able to test the one for the defroster it was dead .. there is another thermostat , based on how it was set up , Not seeing anyway to test that thermostat, i couldn't even find where it was connected. It in the upper liner of the freezer cabin in a little cage .. 

Right not all I have is a big fridge and in essence a pain as I will have to replace the unit and find some way to dump /get rid of this yet again DEFECTIVE SAMSUNG product.. 

SAMSUNG what are you doing??? 

userSj6dA4pqFJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 2017 Samsung refrigerators  freezer is not working.  There are lots of people with same complaint.  Is anyone (consumer reports)   looking into this problem as a legal complaint.  Jackie Mounts.  Please help.  Can’t afford to buy a new one.

userSyp49VDpri
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine installed in OCT of 2017 just stopped freezing. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code?

Highlighted
userIqhllFu1Oi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here - freezer is no longer working. This is a 4 year old fridge, model RF28HMEDBSR. There are no error codes. The display shows the right freezer temp but the compartment is definitely not that temperature. Interestingly, when I turn the power off at the breaker, wait 30 min, then turn back on, the display shows the “warmish” temp in the feeezer. The compressor kicks on and the numbers on the display drop, indicating that freezing is occuring however the compartment stays warm. Thoughts? 

I bought this unit for just over $2300. That’s like $600 for 4 years of use. I should just rent a fridge. This problem need a better solution than to just replace the freezer - totally insulting and just a shame overall.