JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Use Microwave Combo Oven NQ70M777OD

(Topic created: 08-14-2022 07:14 AM)
userF2lzBM12LT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you people, if you find this and perchance read it, everything is confusing in this whole set up, they need a “oven for dummies”. The book is full of info, but does not answer simple questions, 

I f I cannot get it to connect to phone will there be no software updates? Maybe Samsung does not like iPhones…Will I need software updates? Why does the clock not stay on? Will the microwave cook in sequence, like: 5 min on high 15 min on med? There are no answers to this in the manual.
I don’t even know if I am in the right place to ask questions.  My biological clock is ticking and I don’t have years to learn this thing 😆

Any help would be so appreciated 

3 Replies
moe
Sun
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I'm pretty sure you have to use he SmartThings app on your phone, click on the + sign on the top right, device, oven, samsung, choose what type of oven and then you should be able to choose your device. As for updates, no idea.
0 Likes
userF2lzBM12LT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanx Moe

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! Thanks so much for all the great questions! I'm happy to help answer them. 

First, to get software updates on your oven, yes you will need to connect a smart phone to the oven through the SmartThings app, which is available on both Android and iOS devices. If you have any questions or issues when trying to connect, you can always reach out to our dedicated SmartThings team by calling 1-866-813-2404.

If your clock is not staying on, it is likely you have the Screen Saver feature enabled. To disable this feature, go to Settings and then tap Display > Screen saver > OFF.

While you can set the microwave to cook for a specified amount of time, if you wish to change the power settings during the cook time, that will have to be done manually. However, there are several Auto Cook functions that have preset settings and adjustments, that will automatically change during the cook time. You can find more detailed information about the different Auto Cook options beginning on page 30 of the user manual. (User Manual: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201909/20190919094011487/NQ70M7770D_AA_DE68-04447A-03_...)

I hope this helps, and we are excited for you to learn all the great features this model has to offer.