Original topic:

Ice make hang up

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
polaski6363
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Not sure of the model but ice make in the top left of refrigerator  has the middle draw and freezer on the bottom. Problem I am having is the ice will do its dump but some will get hung up and not dump and get stuck against the wall of ice maker. Then the ice make will fill back up but water that is still in contact with ice try will allow the water to drain out of ice make on to the floor , or it will keep freezing the clump of ice and clogg everything up . Fresh Filter unit is  3 or 4 years old and never had a problem . UNTIL NOW   😞 

3 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@polaski6363 I'm not a refrigerator technician but it sounds like the area around the ice maker is not staying cold enough. The water coming out of the ice maker onto the floor is usually melting ice. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
This is a known issue with the French door units and the icemaker. There is a freezing problem. The defrost cycle does not seem to cycle properly so built-up frost does not melt, but accumulates and prevents the ice from dropping into the bin. I periodically pull the bin out and check for frost buildup. If I see it, I empty the bin, turn off the icemaker, line the cavity with a towel and have at it with a blow dryer. Then I wipe it off, put the bin back in and put the icemaker back on for one or two days (till the bin fills) and then turn the icemaker off until I use up all the ice. This has been working for me. I have found that keeping the icemaker on when the bin is full and not depleting the ice (I don't use ice every day) will accelerate freezing and is more likely to cause stuck cubes in the channel. I also occasionally force a defrost cycle, but that actually takes longer than the blow dryer.

Also, if the seals are damaged, that could be the source of your water leaking, the buildup/melt cycle accelerates and water leaks out. I don't get water leaks, just ice buildup.
0 Likes
TheCatMom
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
There is a class action suit going on right now. Check FB for the groups about Samsung fridges. You'll find the right one after a bit.
0 Likes