Original topic:

My icemaker isnt working like it used to

(Topic created: Thursday)
user34DnDsiaVH
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When I hit the reset/test button it dumps the ice. I can hear it filling up, but its almost as if the timer isnt work and its not dumping it on schedule. 

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello and thank you for reaching out regarding your ice maker concern to our Samsung Community. I'm happy your able to at least get some ice to dispense by pressing the reset button however that definitely should not be the only way to get the ice into the bucket/ dispenser. So I'd love to acquire some further from you to assist.

Let's start by asking some general questions. You stated you can hear it filling the ice tray however, do you hear the sound of the auger motor when trying to dispense the ice? As the motor turns the auger that moves ice cubes from the ice bucket to the dispenser chute and is an very important part needed for dispensing the ice when needed. If you cannot hear the auger motor, you may want to check the wire harness cable. We have some helpful information here to assist you further with that aspect- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209062/#ice-does-not-dispense

Please let us know if this helps resolve your ice dispensing concern. You can also contact us via Private Message by selecting any moderator and clicking on the chat option with your full model and serial number for further direct assistance if needed. 

0 Likes