JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Range Smart Control Keeps Turning Off (Model NE58R9560)

(Topic created: 01-24-2021 04:34 PM)
merlin77
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just purchased my smart range (Model NE58R9560) and successfully set it up with the SmartThings app.

I then turn on Smart Control and can control my oven from the app.

But this only lasts for a few minutes. Eventually, the Smart Control turns off, making it useless since I now have to go to the stove to turn it back on.

1. Why does Smart Control keep turning off?

2. How can I keep Smart Control on permanently?

7 Replies
userdEoGoRrFL9
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the exact same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The automatic Smart Control turn off is designed to prevent accidents. Remote activation of a range could have disastrous consequences.

0 Likes
Solution
merlin77
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What?! That completely defeats the purpose of such technology. The entire point is remote control of the oven but if that turns off automatically, then it's useless. This is not advertised or mentioned anywhere on the device page or the manual.

In fact, Smart Control is advertised as being able to control it remotely. If it can't do that, then you are lying about your technology.

Furthermore, remote control can actually make it safer. If I forget to turn off the oven, I could find that out and turn it off remotely.

This is not mentioned at all on your own page, which even states

you can remotely change the cooking mode, adjust the temperature, set a cooking time, start the oven, and so much more

"remotely" implies from anywhere as long as I have an Internet connection. If it turns off automatically, then this is false advertising 

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 21.18.01.png

userrRufCGVmbZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree. This is just annoying. Firstly you have to remember to enable smart control. If it is enabled and you turn the oven on remotely and then off by mistake  it disables smart control until you reenable it at the oven. I'm guessing this is some sort of safety feature, but I'm grown up and can handle it staying on. Please fix this 

merlin77
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yeah I get there's safety issues at play but there are better ways to deal with it than completely disabling it.

Require a pin or have multiple confirmation screens.

Put in an agreement that says "by disabling this feature, I agree that samsung is not at fault if I turn my stove on remotely and it causes damage" or something like that.

Until this is done, the advertising and feature list needs to be changed to reflect this. It should say "remote control in extremely limited conditions that turns off due to safety".

McTavesh
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I have this problem too, not happy with the auto turn off feature.
userTl2JI0kv9y
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It's the same for me. The attraction of buying a WiFi enabled oven was to be able to turn it on remotely for example when your on your way home and want it to start warming up. If you first have to click a button on the oven itself there is no point in remote operation.