Original topic:

Refrigerator power failure

(Topic created: 06-18-2023 01:51 PM)
Ed C
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I live in an area where frequent power outages are common, at least monthly, and each time an outage occurs my refrigerator control panel has an error message of 88,88 when the power is restored. My house is equipped with a whole house  generator which auto starts when incoming power is lost however there is a small delay between the outage occurring and the generator accepting the load. During this brief period the refrigerator goes into the error mode and must be manually reset using the instructions provided in the manual. So far, this has worked well except during times-when we are away such as vacation or other travels. Does Samsung have a recommendation other than buying a new refrigerator, i was thinking of some kind of UPS or battery backup that i could install or have a technician install.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ed C 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SatelliteMike
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
use a ups That is STRONG Enough To Power Your Fridge. CYBERPOWER made by APW is a great product for your use and application. Cost is fairly low and you can install it yourself. About $150-250 max. Depending on how much backup power you need.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SatelliteMike
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
use a ups That is STRONG Enough To Power Your Fridge. CYBERPOWER made by APW is a great product for your use and application. Cost is fairly low and you can install it yourself. About $150-250 max. Depending on how much backup power you need.