JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung refrigerator will not connect to apps or internet.

(Topic created: 05-03-2020 02:44 PM)
userFbRQ97ZDac
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

So, it had been a while since I checked my Family Hub and Smart Things app on my phone. I checked them a couple days ago to see how things in the fridge were looking. To my sueprise, Smart Things said my fridge was offline and the Family Hub app had not refreshed in a few weeks. So, I checked the fridge and it was connected to the internet but the internet was not available. I could not connect my phone to the fridge using the Easy Connection feature. I immediately did a web search for Samsung failing to connect to internet and found this community. I tried all the suggested fixes but none of them worked. I chatted with Samsung Support and, through most of the fixes I had already tried, was able to connect the fridge internet through my phones Mobile Hotspot connection. But, when I tried to perform the Easy Connection, it booted me off the connection. Only to reconnect to the original wifi connection. I had read some suggections about giving the 2.4 and 5 GHz connection seperate names. I logged into my carrier account (XFinity), only to find that several of my devices had been paused. Rendering their connectivity impossible. Once I unpaused, or enabled those devices, the fridge and apps returned to normal operation. I am sure this fix will not satisfy everyone's connectivity issues but, it should be on the "to do" list when troubleshooting connectivuty issues.

2 Replies
user5fqcmxMXCd
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I just purchased a Samsung fridge with Family Hub, but having the same problems.  It connects to the WiFi, but will not stay connected to the internet.  Have done two factory resets.  Updated router firmware.  Router status shows fridge is connected.  Can't log in to Samsung account on fridge, because it just won't stay connected.

Fridge cools great.  Freezer works great.  Giant phone on fridge does not work.  Frustrating.  Guess we will return.  Tomorrow is Monday.  Will call for service, or return.

Posting here to monitor replies.

0 Likes
Solution
user5fqcmxMXCd
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Since I posted my issue above, I ran to the store and replaced my router.  I had a Netgear Nighthawk.  The most up-to-date firmware would disconnect from the itnernet repeatedly, so I was running an older version.  Apparently, that version did not like the Samsung Refrigerator Family Hub.

I purchased a TP-Link AX3000 from WalMart.  Set up all of my SmartThings Hub and Security Camera hub.  Went to the fridge and everything works PERFECTLY.  Both my wife and I set up our accounts with no lag and no problem.  Whew!  Netgear Router and inability to handle a fancy fridge was the problem.  I had no problems on other devices.

0 Likes