JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Slide-in Range: Knobs Turn On Very Easily

(Topic created: 01-11-2024 02:10 PM)
Members_dzkyBiD
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bespoke Electric Range knobs turn on easily with a slight bump.  Is there a feature to turn off the stove top?  I search for protective covers, but can not find any the fit the bespoke.  Any Suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

**Update (8/8/2024)**

Samsung Voluntarily recalls certain Slide-In Electric range models with front-mounted knobs; receive a set of free knob locks or covers to prevent accidental activation by people or pets. 

visit: HTTP://www.Samsung.com/us/support/range-knob-kit  to learn more. 

---

(12-31-2023)

I can certainly understand why this is worrying for you. For the Bespoke Range, The knobs meet international safety standards requiring a two-step activation. This means two separate movements are required to turn on a heating element: pushing in and turning. The knob will not turn unless force is being applied to push it inwards. However, we understand sometimes accidents can happen. 

All of our electric ranges have a Hot Surface indicator that lights up when an element is still hot (even if it is no longer in use).

Some of our ranges also have illuminated LED knobs that light up when that particular knob is in use. If you are concerned about inadvertently activating your range, there are steps you can take. For example, you may purchase cooktop knob covers or locks, including child-proof and pet-proof options, that protect your knobs from inadvertent activation, from various websites offering those products.

If at any point you need to replace the knobs on your existing range, please visit samsungparts.com to purchase replacements.

Note: Do not place, leave or store items on the cooktop when it is not being used. Make sure the appliance's control areas are out of the reach of children and pets. Do not lean on the range as you may inadvertently activate the range. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG.

Kn3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am not satisfied with the plastic stick on knob covers provided by expensive Samsung range in response to a fire hazard. I would like other options. My kitchen is in the living room area and this looks very tacky. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @Kn3! Thank you for reaching out! The knob covers provided are the only option available. If you'd like additional information please visit: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/range-knob-kit/

0 Likes
Kn3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is not acceptable. Can’t you replace the knobs. You do not have to push them in to turn them as mentioned above. 

0 Likes