JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Are edge lit screens a fire hazard? Smells like burning

(Topic created: 08-19-2022 12:39 PM)
usersdjWREKe7J
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Tv has developed large black lines, assumed the back light had burned some leds. 

i looked inside and the strong Oder of burning plastic came out of the screen. The diffuser has several scorch marks. 

should I be concerned about this thing catching on fire? Tv is less than 2 years old. 

647AEA58-4146-4071-A9E7-9C789966B345.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! I understand how this can cause some concern with your diffuser like this. I would recommend calling directly with your full model and serial number to get this issue solved the quickest. You can reach our customer service department at 1-800-726-7864. Or if you prefer you can also private message us with the same information.

View solution in context

4 Replies
mdavidf
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
No
0 Likes
Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I would talk to customer service, might cost you, but I wouldn't leave it lime that, best case, your TV completely dies, worst case, it melts/catches fire
0 Likes
xtreme_wond3r
Explorer
Options
LED and OLED TVs
It doesn't look to bad so you don't need to be too concerned but if it gets worse and those spots get any worse definitely do something immediately.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! I understand how this can cause some concern with your diffuser like this. I would recommend calling directly with your full model and serial number to get this issue solved the quickest. You can reach our customer service department at 1-800-726-7864. Or if you prefer you can also private message us with the same information.