Original topic:

TV popped and burning smell

(Topic created: yesterday)
Cammster79
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

We have model number UN65RU800DF television. We’ve had it almost 5 years. This is our bedroom television so it’s not used nearly as often as our living room television. My girls and I were watching a show just now and the tv made an electrical zapping noise, we heard a pop, and then the screen went black. We unplugged the tv because we were scared something would catch fire! Is this normal for Samsung tvs? I’ve seen several posts about the same exact issue on here spanning several years. We have two Samsung tvs now but certainly won’t be buying anymore if this is a known problem that isn’t fixed. 😣

0 Likes
2 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I've had loads of TVs do this over the years, different brands, it happens, I have that same TV
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I, too, have had many of TVs over the years, CRT and LCD & LED.  This is not something normal TVs do.  If I ever had a TV that popped, blacked out and smelled like it was burning, that TV would be in the trash. Granted, I've never had a Samsung TV, but seeing other people who have them, I'm not impressed enough to try one.

This is not normal behavior for *any* electronic device.

0 Likes