JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't scroll through list of apps Samsung smart tv keeps shutting down apps list

(Topic created: 09-11-2023 06:43 AM)
user1haIEEHZPM
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have a 2016 model Samsung Smart TV Model KU6300. I try scrolling through the list of apps and it keeps shutting down before I can get through the list at various times. I press right and the apps list randomly shuts down requiring me to bring up the apps list again and try to get all the way to the right, but it keeps shutting down over and over again. Is the Tizen smart OS so poorly programmed that I literally can't use the TV because I can not bring up certain apps on my app bar? I will be sure not to get Samsung next time.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thank you for reaching out!  The first thing I would like to ask is, is the television on the most recent firmware?  Are you using the original remote on the television? Is the app list the only part of the television that's closing itself out or is it doing it when you're using the sources on the TV as well?  The more info that you can get to us, the better.

0 Likes
user1haIEEHZPM
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I am using a replacement remote I bought off ebay because the original remote broke. The apps work fine. Scrolling through movies or TV shows no problem, the only issue is the apps bar shutting down when I try to get through it. As far as I know I have the newest firmware.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi there, Thanks so much for providing that information. It sounds like you've already been through many of our troubleshooting steps for this. At this time, I would recommend calling in to 1-800-726-7864 to work with our remote management team for further assistance.