Original topic:

Hulu keeps having a connection error

(Topic created: Thursday)
cormac35
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hulu keeps getting a connection error for a few seconds and then it comes back on. I have cleared the cache. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app. I have turned the TV completely off and back on. I have turned the internet off and back on and the TV at the same time. I have an installed apps we do not use and attempt to free up space. The error still persist. This is not happening with any other apps on TV. I have a different brand TV and a room further away from my modem. It does not get this error on Hulu. My Roku does not get this error on Hulu. My TV sets approximately 7 ft from my Wi-Fi connection in an open room.

I have exhausted all other resources and hope to find the help I need here.

2 Replies
Munif_10
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi Cormac,

Iā€™m sorry to hear about the issues youā€™re having with Hulu on your Samsung LED/OLED TV. Youā€™ve already done a lot of the common troubleshooting steps, which is great. Since the issue persists, letā€™s try a few additional steps:

1. Update TV Firmware:

ā€¢ Ensure your TV is running the latest firmware. Go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

2. Network Settings:

ā€¢ Check Network Speed: Ensure your internet speed is sufficient for streaming. Hulu recommends at least 6 Mbps for streaming HD content.
ā€¢ Change DNS Settings:
1. Go to Settings > Network > Network Status.
2. Select IP Settings.
3. Change DNS Server to 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) or 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare DNS).

3. Reduce Interference:

ā€¢ Ensure there are no physical obstructions or electronic devices between your TV and the Wi-Fi router that could cause interference.

4. Test Ethernet Connection:

ā€¢ If possible, connect your TV to the router using an Ethernet cable. This will help determine if the issue is related to Wi-Fi interference.

5. Factory Reset TV:

ā€¢ As a last resort, perform a factory reset on your TV. Note that this will erase all settings and apps, so you will need to set up your TV again.
ā€¢ Go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

6. Hulu Support:

ā€¢ Contact Hulu Support to check if there are any known issues with their app on Samsung TVs.

7. Check for External Factors:

ā€¢ Ensure there are no temporary service disruptions from your ISP that might affect streaming.
ā€¢ Verify if there are any firmware updates specific to the Hulu app on Samsung TVs.

8. Try Alternative Streaming Devices:

ā€¢ If the issue persists only with Hulu on your Samsung TV, consider using an external streaming device like a Roku, Chromecast, or Fire Stick as a temporary workaround.

9. Hulu App Specific Settings:

ā€¢ Open the Hulu app and check if there are any specific settings within the app that might help improve connectivity.

0 Likes
XavierVanderbilt
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Iā€™m having the same issues with my Hulu. Iā€™ve done a factory reset on the TV, reset my router and it still does this. 

I play Hulu on my other TV and I donā€™t have this issue. Nor do any other apps on the Samsung TV. 

whatā€™s happening this is very frustrating! 

0 Likes