Original topic:

Older TV no longer starts with remote

(Topic created: 09-16-2024 02:56 PM)
Buzzsawlouie
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello,

I have an older un65h7150, great TV!! All of a sudden I can not get any remotes to turn the TV on. Once I get the TV on (pressing button on back of TV) the remote works fine. TV came with 2 remotes and neither will power on the TV. Wondering if there is something screwy with the IR sensor but thought I would ask here for any suggestions/ideas. Would like to keep the tv if possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! @Buzzsawlouie, Thank you for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this. Can you check the remote batteries to ensure they are properly installed and new? Test the remote's infrared to see if it's getting a signal to the TV; if not, the remote may need to be replaced. Try resetting the TV and unplugging it for about 5-10 minutes. Check the TV for firmware updates as well. If nothing else works, a factory reset might resolve the issue, though it will restore the TV to its original settings. 

Please lets me know if this helps

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Just my thinking don't know if I right so bear with me it could be 2 or one if the follow the remotes need to re sync or have gone bad only way to test this theory would be a universal remote or cable box remote for example 2nd theory the sensor is not working or has a problem
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! @Buzzsawlouie, Thank you for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this. Can you check the remote batteries to ensure they are properly installed and new? Test the remote's infrared to see if it's getting a signal to the TV; if not, the remote may need to be replaced. Try resetting the TV and unplugging it for about 5-10 minutes. Check the TV for firmware updates as well. If nothing else works, a factory reset might resolve the issue, though it will restore the TV to its original settings. 

Please lets me know if this helps

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes