Original topic:

S90C randomly switches from headphones to tv speakers

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
mattweisz
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

After a week or so, the tv will switch from using the headphone audio output jack to using the TV speakers. This is really annoying and Iā€™m about ready to return the tv. This has been happening for months. 

All I want is for the headphone audio output jack to remain active all the time and for the TV speakers to stay off. Is this possible? Can someone at Samsung fix this in an update?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi there, thanks for posting about this. Just to confirm, have you verified the TV is up to date on software? Additionally, have you checked to make sure the audio output is set to external instead of TV? Lastly, have you tried doing a factory reset on the TV? 

0 Likes
mattweisz
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Yes. Has latest firmware and was factory reset. Speakers are set to headphones. Issue still existsā€¦it randomly switches off the headphones and turns on the tv speakers. Takes a day or takes weeks to repeat. Annoying either way. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thank you for that information. Try disabling the auto audio output switch some TVs have a setting that automatically switches the audio depending on the detected device. If this is enabled, it could be causing the issue. Check the TV's audio setting for that option. Also, you can use a Bluetooth adapter if you're using wired headphones, consider trying a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver with your TV's audio output, as a workaround to maintain the connection more reliably.

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
mattweisz
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Tried the changes you mentioned. It does not help. 

This is not acceptable for a $2,000 tv. Can I return it? I have the 2 year warranty that expires in 2025. 

0 Likes