JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV won’t turn on after a tornado on Thursday

(Topic created: 05-10-2024 07:57 PM)
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello Samsung, there was a tornado on Thursday morning (dark), and suddenly when I turn on the TV on Thursday morning, it unfortunately won’t turn on. The circuit breaker is on, the power cord is plugged in and the wiring is in good condition. Still it won’t turn on. That occurred after a tornado on Thursday. Luckily, our Samsung smart washer and dryer is still working after the tornado, but our tv isn’t. What’s the solution to this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Could be a power issue a surge could have happened during the storm and messed up the tv you would need to contact Samsung support and have a technician come and diagnosis the issue.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Could be a power issue a surge could have happened during the storm and messed up the tv you would need to contact Samsung support and have a technician come and diagnosis the issue.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

terminator9
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
always ..always get surge protectors , sounds like yours got hit and is fried
0 Likes
Aduham
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I am not able to download terms & conditions. It says server under maintenance. 

Please help

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@Hi14 Check with your homeowners agent for power surge/spike damage coverage. 

0 Likes