Original topic:

TV drops WiFi

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 05:01 PM)
Mikeyspeed
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have 3 tvs on my wifi.  My 65” Samsung drops WiFi connect about once an hour.  None of the others drop signal.  I have moved my router right next to it but it didn’t help.  I have had a previous encounter with Samsung service where went through steps to clear to memory and also set a dedicated up afresh for the tv.  That worked for a day or two and the problem is back.

mod - UN65TU700DFKZA

VER - FA01 / UTU700D / UTU7000K-U65TK1

SN - <HIDDEN>

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mikeyspeed
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I solved my problem …. I had my Spectrum WiFi removed and replaced it with Frontier 500 mb service.  Half the price and 10 times the speed.  My TV hasn’t dropped WiFi since the switch 3 days ago.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
JennY1143
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have also had this with my Samsung TV, sporadically, but MY PHONE does it ALL THE TIME 😤 I sent a service ticket several times through here, with the phone report attached to the ticket, but the response back is always "can't find/don't see" problem with whatever report my phone created. Then the usual blurb follows about making sure software is up to date, blah, blah. I have a Samsung S20 FE, and LITERALLY dozens of times a day (if I'm home on my WiFi) the internet drops over and over 😑 I am constantly switching from 2G, to 5G, rebooting router at times, etc. I even bought a WiFi extender thinking there might be an interference with the signal, but even the 2G/5G connections through that drop. The extender connections are a bit more stable, but only by half a dozen times, instead of dozens. It's maddening, and my phone is the only one it happens too, and the TV. It's a newer model too, less than a year old, and mine is also a 65". It aggravates me so much at this point that I'm in the process of upgrading my cell to hopefully stop this madness 😠

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I had issues with wifi on my old TV as well. Everything around it worked fine. I finally ended up putting a wireless bridge next to it and making it into a wired connection instead of wireless. The wireless bridge never loses connection so that solved it.
0 Likes
Solution
Mikeyspeed
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I solved my problem …. I had my Spectrum WiFi removed and replaced it with Frontier 500 mb service.  Half the price and 10 times the speed.  My TV hasn’t dropped WiFi since the switch 3 days ago.

0 Likes