Original topic:

TV popped and burning smell

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Cammster79
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

We have model number UN65RU800DF television. Weā€™ve had it almost 5 years. This is our bedroom television so itā€™s not used nearly as often as our living room television. My girls and I were watching a show just now and the tv made an electrical zapping noise, we heard a pop, and then the screen went black. We unplugged the tv because we were scared something would catch fire! Is this normal for Samsung tvs? Iā€™ve seen several posts about the same exact issue on here spanning several years. We have two Samsung tvs now but certainly wonā€™t be buying anymore if this is a known problem that isnā€™t fixed. šŸ˜£

0 Likes
2 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I've had loads of TVs do this over the years, different brands, it happens, I have that same TV
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I, too, have had many of TVs over the years, CRT and LCD & LED.  This is not something normal TVs do.  If I ever had a TV that popped, blacked out and smelled like it was burning, that TV would be in the trash. Granted, I've never had a Samsung TV, but seeing other people who have them, I'm not impressed enough to try one.

This is not normal behavior for *any* electronic device.

0 Likes