JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UN50HU8550FXZA problem with tv fan and tv may overheat

(Topic created: 05-27-2024 04:15 AM)
Duxsix
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

TV was purchased in 2014.  Over the past two months I get a message when tv starts up (about 50% of the time this happens). Message says "problem with tv fan and tv may overheat. TV will shutdown shortly to protect the TV".    However the tv does not ever shutdown remotely. I can shut it down and restart after 10-20 minutes and message goes away. Any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It's a 10 year old TV, it will have problems.  Maybe it hasn't been shutting down automatically because it didn't actually reach the temperature threshold to do so.  In any case, you should see about getting the fan replaced by a competent repair outfit. Although it might be better to see about getting a new set with the advances in technology.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It's a 10 year old TV, it will have problems.  Maybe it hasn't been shutting down automatically because it didn't actually reach the temperature threshold to do so.  In any case, you should see about getting the fan replaced by a competent repair outfit. Although it might be better to see about getting a new set with the advances in technology.

bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It's sounds like it's on board sensor is telling it it's getting too hot.  Unplug the TV for 1 minute to reset it and see if it was a software glitch and goes away but most likely the TV needs service. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@Duxsix Over 10 years it could be that significant dust/dirt has built up internally. The dust/dirt accumulation is preventing proper cooling. 

0 Likes