JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Uhd Tv series 8 frozen during setup

(Topic created: 09-05-2024 05:51 AM)
luke1976
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Help! I did a factory reset with a rep via remote support to clear an error. Everything seemed fine until it got to the step of identifying connected devices and it froze. I cannot select next, previous or back out . When i turn it off and on it comes back to the same screen. I cant access any menus because i haven't progressed far enough in the setup. Has anyone ever had this or knows what I can do? Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. Can you explain what error you got before you did the factory reset? I noticed you said you turned it off again and the same screen pops back up. Can you hear the sound coming from the TV?  It seems like this will need service because it is stuck and can not be moved even with the remote. 

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and examine this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the device's full model code and serial number as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this. Can you explain what error you got before you did the factory reset? I noticed you said you turned it off again and the same screen pops back up. Can you hear the sound coming from the TV?  It seems like this will need service because it is stuck and can not be moved even with the remote. 

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and examine this on a case-by-case basis, please provide the device's full model code and serial number as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

luke1976
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi, all the TV menus were somehow changed from English to Estonian and would not change back. UHD TV 8
series.
Model # UN55Nu8000f
Version faq1/unu8000
S/N <hidden>

0 Likes