JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

27" Viewfinity S80TB 4K UHD IPS Thunderbolt4 freezes

(Topic created: 08-03-2023 03:57 PM)
steven_alexander
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My LS27B804TGNXGO freezes, meaning the "Direct Key Guide" comes on the screen and does not go away. The 5-Way Button is unresponsive. I have to unplug the monitors to power cycle them and make the Direct Key Guide go away. This happens every time my Mac Studio awakes from sleep.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your monitor freezing. I looked to see if there was a way to disable the direct key guide, unfortunately, there is not. I would recommend making sure that your monitor is up to date and trying a different Thunderbolt cable first. If this does not help the next option would be to try it using an HDMI cable. If this does not work service would be recommended. Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options.  

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes
xjojox55
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have had two Samsung S80TB Viewfinity monitors for the past couple of months. I like the displays a lot but one of the main reasons I selected these monitors is that they have Thunderbolt 4 and I wanted to take advantage of what Thunderbolt offers. Periodically the monitor that connects directly to my laptop will display either "Thunderbolt 4/USB-C) in the top left or the standard display menu at the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately, they simply will not go away unless I unplug the power from the monitor. I cannot even access the menu when this happens. I have tried two separate laptops (one with USB-C and the other with Thunderbolt 4). For a while I had one monitor hooked up via USB-C and the other via HDMI, but now they are daisy chained together with Thunderbolt. No matter what configuration I use I have the same result. This is both annoying and disappointing. I tried to download a firmware update in the hope that it would fix the problem, but I was surprised to see that there are no updates despite the fact that this product has been on the market for about a year and several other people have reported the same problem. Please either update the firmware or provide a solution that will consistently work.

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Monitors and Memory
Are you able to post a photo so I can see exactly what's happening and i will try to help you😊
0 Likes
xjojox55
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Apparently, I do not have permission to upload images to the forum so I cannot post a photo. Its pretty simple though. When the power comes on, the monitors display "Thunderbolt 4/USB" in the top left as the input. But it does not disappear, and the monitor's menu will not work. Unplugging the monitor will fix this issue, but it can take several tries.

0 Likes
MyLifeYourVacarion
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Have this same issue. Some times its the "Thunderbolt 4/USB" and sometimes its the info menu on the bottom "eye saver, volume, etc".. It happens mostly when coming back from sleep mode. this happens at least twice a day for me. I have to remove power from the display because the bevel button no longer works.

Looks to be the same as this thread.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/27-quot-Viewfinity-S80TB-4K-UHD-IPS-Thunderb...

0 Likes
xjojox55
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yeah, its the same issue and it looks like plenty of other people have had this problem. Removing power constantly cant be good for the monitor and you would think this could be fixed with a firmware update. But Samsung does not seem interested in addressing the issue.

0 Likes