JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can we get access to the updated firmware for C32HG70?

(Topic created: 10-04-2021 03:30 PM)
userrKNS1thRUk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hey there.  I am looking for a modern (circa 2021) released firmware for this monitor.  I know it exists because I've seen reference to it on the internet as being packed-in with more recently manufactured instances of this monitor (no hardware updates, as far as I know).  There was also a series of entries in the German European forums where some folks got their hands on v 1024.0 firmware. 

I attempted to use the 1025.0 firmware that is linked on the Samsung support website, but that is targeted for the 27" version of this monitor.  I was lucky to be able to step back to a copy of firmware 1022 I found on the Korean support site.  I know the newer firmwares punch-up the backlight and produce a more blue-ish toned (bright) white.  I have seen the photographic evidence online.  

I also know the "region" of the firmware doesn't matter, or doesn't even exist.  The US support site for the CHG70 series ONLY shows firmware for the 27inch monitor.  That is not the only monitor in this series folks. 

Please provide us with updated firmware for this monitor.  Thank you.      

7 Replies
user7ODbbm8kc1
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes I would like this also.  Doing a search in the download center brings up the model, with this link:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0002505&modelCode=LC32HG70QQNXZA

But there is nothing on that page... just takes you to the main download site.

0 Likes
usernFShJfFXZs
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Try this one from Korean website

https://www.samsung.com/sec/support/model/LC32HG70QQKXKR/

Works fine for my LC32HG70QQUXEN, the last 4 letters does not really matter it seems. It was also in English by default after flashing.

Samsung seems to be pretty bad in keeping firmware downloads updated and also in different regions.

e.g: My LC32HG70QQUXEN arrived with 1021.x bought in Netherlands (dont remember if it was .0)
While the nl / eu samsung website offers 1019.2
while the korean samsung website offers 1024.0 [flashed without any issues, but not sure what is different])

Something must be wrong when the product ships with newer firmware than you can properly download.

And also I am trying to help with an issue in another thread in another place where someone needs older version of firmware, but it seems its near impossible to find any older versions, which is also terrible.
0 Likes
userQzHb4mwLE9
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

The 1024.0 firmware for the  LC32HG70QQUXEN  can be found, released just a few days ago. I kept copies of my old firmwares! I copied them to my public Dropbox folder.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
userrKNS1thRUk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am accepting this post as the solution. I previously managed to get the 27" firmware to work on my monitor, but it amped the backlight so high that I almost could not get it down from 100% brightness.  I dearly hope I did not damage it.  I tried the 1024 firmware here and it works just fine.  I switched to an Nvidia graphics card, and the behavior is so different now that I don't know if things are working as they are supposed to.  When HDR is enabled the contrast between light and dark is not as pronounced.  I just hope someone at Samsung support for the US will add this new firmware to the US website....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

Good afternoon, everyone. Please be aware of the fact that there are differences in regional models of the C32HG70 series of monitors, and that loading an unapproved version version of the firmware to your monitor can cause damage to the device, and will void your warranty. The links provided in this thread will be removed for this reason.

0 Likes
userrKNS1thRUk
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

No, no, no.  The firmware that caused me problems was the one posted to the US website!  The firmwares that can be found on the South Korean website do not damage your monitor.  Typical Samsung.  Don't listen to your customers and tell them they're wrong.  In fact, I can't even find this monitor on the US support website anymore.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory

I am not telling you that you cannot use whatever version of software you want to use. I am only advising that using an unauthorized software does void the warranty.

The link for the LC32HG70 monitor can be found here.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0052187

0 Likes