JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot access Samsung Portable SSD T5 on macOS with SW v. 1.6.4

(Topic created: 07-08-2019 02:28 PM)
user4UUIAOX3wf
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've upgraded to 1.6.4 at first. Then I couldn't access the drive with SW utility telling me the driver was disconnected. So I tried to remove kext and install the app again. After the install it asked for disabling the security mode and upgrading which I did. After the upgrade I enabled security mode again and from that time on I cannot access the data what so every I try with utility SW telling me the same thing as before: "DISCONNECTED. No Samsung Portable SSD is connected" even though it is connected and read-only partition is available.

I'm suspecting some version inconsistency. I wanted to try to run it with 1.6.3 but it is not available on your website.

Thanks for support.

17 Replies
MacUser007
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

This did not work. No offense, but this document you cited has elementary solutions.

userjmwqyqFmb6
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have tried what you suggest and it does not work.   Now the question is why should I be encumbered with all these problems in order to connect a hard disc that I was sold as being ready out of the box, to work.  I don't think that passing on your problems to the consumer is the solution. 

userKjVLqq19uJ
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I can't get it working either--how useless is Samsung? Such an easy thing to fix, you would imagine--why are we being asked to come up with technical solutions for their own mistakes? 

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi user4UUIAOX3wf,

The 1.6.2 sofware can be used with our Samsung PSSD if they are locked by Samsung hardware encryption. To obtain this software from the Samsung memory department in the USA, please call 1-800-726-7864 (Samsung) or email them directly at samsungmemorysupport@sea.samsung.com. 

0 Likes
user4hQso5CiTb
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

So I used my T5 with a Windows at first, but I just got a Mac recently. At first, I have the same problem "No SSD connected..". Then I realized that it happens because of the password in the T5 software I have set when I use my Windows Laptop. I just have to find a windows pc, disable my t5 password, then I'm able to use it until now

0 Likes
user64zdEz3Lfz
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thinking of installing OSX Catilina as an external boot.  Anyone know if this will work if I use Windows to format as recommeded then install Catalina?  According to the the replies, Catalina will not reconize the T5.

0 Likes
useroqdi4ZJpUL
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

the actual solution, that doesn't need any firmware downgrade, is here:

https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/faqs-portable/

"No Samsung Portable SSD is connected." message appears even though the Samsung Portable SSD softwar...

Open "Security & Privacy" in the "System Preferences" menu and click the "Allow" button next to the message ”System software from developer "Samsung Electronics" was blocked from loading”.
You can use the Samsung Portable SSD after you re-connect the Samsung Portable SSD to your Mac system and execute the Samsung Portable SSD Software.

0 Likes
userkXx9CyVgmG
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

What if the software says "Failed to check free space or failed to locate a volume"?

0 Likes